Ability to use logical operators for searching (Queries)

@April_Kuras and @dcoales Yes this is definitely on the roadmap and something that the team is also looking forward to have :wink: You can very well be reassured that this will be a major feature focus for us soon.

4 Likes

Thanks guys, that’s encouraging.

Hi,

I often use the Filter functionality to find what I’m looking for in RemNote, but I also need the option so Filter things OUT of my search please :smiley:

There could be two options in the Filter window - one to select things to filter IN to the current search, and a second to select things to filter OUT. That would really help :smiley:

For example, I may be searching for things and wish to filter OUT all the potential matches from Daily Documents or something.

Thanks,
Stuart

3 Likes

This feature would be useful. Thanks

Apart from simple query for filter and list things.

Quantification query is also useful.
And we have had a static one – the Statistics page.

Because other than flashcard the daily doc is also a time-based log, which can show much info base on timeline statistics, such as time spend and freq on habits.
By extend current Statistics page with customization we can learn more from our time-based knowledge base.

1 Like

I just wanted to chime in because this is an essential feature that i really hope to come up soon.
I’m really trying to lean into tags and daily documents and if I can’t search for rem that have multiple tags specifically it really limits my ability to search and review rem.

2 Likes

Any update on queries?

1 Like

As per the roadmap, no sooner than the iOS app.

3 Likes

I think PKM app must have robust search UX. Sounds natural.
Current search engine truly needs improvement

1. Please exclude aws s3 related URL from the search scope.
  2. Varied exclude options to hide Website power-up sort of things
  3. I will write more if other idea pops up
2 Likes

I’d be great if you could incorporate the ability to query certain tags within a document and keep it within the document itself. Prior avid Roam user here, so used to being able to create queries within a document and pull real-time content.

2 Likes

This feature would be useful. Thanks

I would like to ask you to make the search by tags more flexible.
for example, I would like to search for all notes where there is a tag ##tasty_food and exclude tags ##italian_cuisine from the search, this functionality is in obsidian.

An example search query could look like this:

1. #delicious_food - #italian_cuisine
  2. #delicious_food without: #italian_cuisine
2 Likes