Automatic Suggestions for related Topics and Tags

Introduction:
In my opinion there are a few important steps to keep a Knowledge Base useful and accessible:

• avoid duplicate Notes on the same or very similar topics → single source of truth
  • connect your notes and ideas using Tags, References and Portals
  • take good and useful notes (obviously ^^) in your own words

Feature Request:
I do think that software can help us here - at least with the first two steps mentioned above! Matter of fact at this very moment of typing this forum-post the forum gave me suggestions for possibly related topics - in order to avoid duplicate postings!
I would like to see the same functionality build into RemNote!

This way RemNote could help us avoid duplicate notes on the same topic in our knowledge base.
On top of that I also thinkg that RemNote could help us find connections between notes and give us suggestions for fitting Tags and References.

Suggestions for implementation:

• While writing a new note search for existing notes in my knowledge base, which might be related → give me those as a suggestion in a sidebar for example
  • give me the ability to merge my current note with a suggestion from that “sidebar” (or whatever UI is chosen) → that means copying my current Notes over to that page
  • give me the ability to move this note to the existing one as a child
  • allow me to quickly add those suggestions as references to create a link (connection) between them
  • allow me to quickly add a portal to those suggestions to pull information from there
  • show me suggestions for fitting Tags in that same sidebar (UI-Section) → prefer exsiting Tags, but also include new ones (based on recurring words etc.)

Conclusion:
These are just some random ideas that came to mind while thinking about this functionality. Maybe you find more useful things to do with it. In my opinion this feature could greatly improve our note-taking experience. Let’s create tools that help us take notes and create a clean and well-connected Knowledge Base!
I’m very open for discussions on this topic! What do you think?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Automatic detection and highlight of possible reference to existing rems, for new entries to KB