Can you instantly turn all your backlinks into tags?

Asking just to make sure because this will take a lot of work. I‘m changing the way I want to take notes and I want to get rid of backlinks and replace them with tags because you don‘t see the tags in the queue.

1 Like

I don’t understand your intention here, sorry. For me backlinks are those shown in the portal(stubs) at the bottom of a page or on the right side of a rem usting the # X or link symbol.
Using tags will also create backlinks.
Do you mean that you want to replace [[references]] with #tags?

- my rem [[related idea]]
- my rem #related idea

You’d need a plugin/some code for that I think but it can not be made reliably currently because Ability to create all content via API and/or pasting and Resolution of pasted [[references]] and get_by_name.

When we can add a tag by id and edit complex rems it will be possible to do somehow but you’d also need a pretty fixed syntax in your notes to be able to process them automatically.

Best thing you can do right now is

• copy a rem as tag to clipboard
  • go to the reference portal stub
  • paste the tag on all references in a first pass
  • delete the references in a second pass
1 Like

Yeah, that‘s what I meant, wasn‘t sure about the names. The main reason why is because I don‘t want to see highlights of words while I‘m clearing the queue, I feel like these give away the answer a little. These inline references are also really awkward in German because of the different cases, so I thought why not replace all of them with tags

Ok, will do as you suggested, thanks for the help