I want to make a case for why I think their pricing is right šŸ’ø

I did not said thatā€¦ i said the features should be their for all free usersā€¦ limitation can be placed on upload size of pdf or collaberation tool limited for pro only and auto sync between app and desktop software for pro or maybe you could charge for ios applicationā€¦
But to really make this a very popular product i would suggest make its all feature free for useā€¦ more user will turn it into a primary tool with community support by developers too in longer run.

to be frank, I am really not worried about RemNote becoming famous :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at the direction of their dev and progress, I am quite confident they are going to dominate 2021 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its too early to say like that

I am a life long (60+ years old) language learner. I was interested in using RemNote for my casual language studying, to use with, or maybe replace, my Anki decks. Even after watching all the YouTube videos on RemNote I could find, I never was able to figure out how RemNote was better than the many free apps I have been using for years.

Specifically, the audio import just does not work for me in RemNote. In Anki, I can embed audio clips of my foreign language words from my local desktop. They all get packaged together in my decks which I can share via the internet.

Without a good audio import, RemNote for language learning just does not make the cut for me. I would be better off using the Gold List method with some paper tablets. The advantage with the Gold List method is that I would also be hand writing my foreign words, which in itself is a form of learning.

Also, I prefer to work and store my info on my local computer, and then maybe sync with an online site, like Anki does. I donā€™t like the idea of storing my work on RemNoteā€™s servers because I am not always online.

Also, if I go with a software solution, I want to pay once for the product and not get into any subscription service. EVERY subscription service I have ever tried has eventually gone out of business and I have lost all access to product I thought was mine.

So, I am not the user that RemNote needs to build its future. But there is my feedback just the same. Like I responded in RemNoteā€™s survey before they came up with their pricing plan, ā€œI am not willing to pay any price for RemNote in its current stage of development because it is just not better than the many free language learning apps I have been using for years.ā€

I do wish RemNote the best for its future and will be checking in periodically to see new developments. At this point, however, I am not even using the free version options.

1 Like

Itā€™s unfortunate that RemNote doesnā€™t work for you! Thank you for taking the time and penning down your thoughts, hope to see you again soon.

have a good day sir!

2 Likes

According to the co-founder @Martin, we have a system to accept applications very quickly in large numbers, and weā€™re trying to keep our payment systems international, so currency rates shouldnā€™t be an issue, especially for people in countries like @Eiko and me.

Now now, :sweat_smile: Iā€™m not completely sure what that is, and how itā€™s going to work, but it sounds really interesting and, well, trustable.

Thereā€™s also the financial aid application if you donā€™t know that exists.

Also, @Karthikk, your logic makes sense, and it was the perfect time to start the subscriptions. As :frowning_face: as it looks for some of us in the Users side, itā€™s logical to startups, I would say that the huge amount of beta testers is already a huge giving.

Exactly. :clap:
The devs are in fact working full time (which also makes me wonder how they were living the whole year without money from the app, rather more of straight up investment.), and being very generous. Not a lot do that. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Mr. Georgeā€™s points about audio are valid. Iā€™ve talked with another language learner who was also having trouble getting audio clips into his rems. But the second thing about software being your own, on your pc forever might be a misunderstanding. You can create local knowledgebases using the desktop app, and the devs have promised to continue development. AND RemNote does have a one time fee for the native app, and itā€™s yours forever.

P.S. @karthikk_vijay, Youā€™ve got a lively post hereā€¦

1 Like

No offence but that didnā€™t age well :joy: :sweat_smile:

I would like to leave my opinion about the program and the amount charged. First of all, I would very much like to congratulate the RemNote team. This program is amazing in many ways. After I started using it, I greatly improved my learning at university and on exams.
I would veryā€¦veryā€¦veryā€¦very much to pay the stipulated amount for the pro version. Unfortunately, I live in Brazil. To give you an idea, 1 dollar is equivalent to 5 reais (local currency). 300 dollars is 1500 reais. Itā€™s a lot of money for a student like me in Brazil. With that, Iā€™m supporting myself with the options in the free version. It would be great to have a promotion once a year or every semester to reduce the values. I would definitely buy the pro (lifetime) version

3 Likes

Iā€™m Brazilian too, and 100% agree with the previous argument.

Despite wanting to pay and contribute to the maintenance of the app, it is almost impossible for Brazilians to pay the amount after converting the dollar value. I tried to introduce my colleagues to the program and although they were so much excited about the features and wanted to enter the platform,they fear going into debt due to the disproportionality of the currency and,
without tools like image occlusion they opted ,for now, to stay on ANKI even with the free account version on Remnote. :slightly_frowning_face:

I will, for the time being, continue in the free version accumulating points.But it would be good to start a trending here in my country. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

yes, please make image occlusion free