Image occlusion improvement "cover all show one"

There is no “cover all show one” option like Anki, you can see the answer to the next question in the current card! (when you cover multiple things in one picture)

People should vote so that they notice this and add this function.

Agreed, this should be a high priority for RemNote if it really wants to supersede Anki. Especially given that medical students and professionals make up a significant portion of this app’s user base.

1 Like

I’m coming form Anki. I upload an image with 5 labels on it. Example: Bony Knee Anatomy. 5 different bony landmarks are identified on the picture. Anki will automatically create 5 different flashcards, one for each of the 5 labeled bony landmarks. Each flash card will show the picture, and reveal ONE of the 5 identifying parts of bony knee anatomy. The other four labels will be automatically hidden so that you can test yourself on them later.

Remnote is not that advanced yet. If I hide the 5 parts and create a flash card, only one of the identifying part names will be hidden. All the other identifiers are visible! This kills my hide/reveal learning of the other labels.

Please, for the of all that is holy… give us a fast way to hide all the identifiers but one.
Sure we can manually do this in an image editor, but that would consume massive amounts of time. We need Remnote to do this:

Or I can copy over the images from Anki… one at a time.

Because Anki import is not working to bring those cards over.

I hid all of the labels below on this card, but on testing only one label is hidden. I’m requesting the option to hide all the other labels in addition to the one I’m testing on.

1 Like

While you cannot generate multiple “cover all show one” cards for an image occlusion like in Anki, you can merge the “clozes” to generate a single “cover all show all” card. I’ve found it’s a decent subsitute for most image occlusions, as long as there aren’t too many items on a single card.

1. while in your note, click on the image
  2. click on one of the boxes
  3. press “M”
  4. select “merge all clozes” from pop-up menu

This feature will come in the next update.

Hopefully the update addressed this issue. Time to test it.