Please help! Repeated tags which work like portals

Hi guys,

I am encountering a problem and wondering if someone can help. I found in my group of tags, there are 3 repeated tags, and they are bound together, which means that if I edit/delete one of them, all of them will be changed or deleted. So as the GIF below shows, I got three “design” tags, and they all have the same content, and if I edited one of them, all of them changed.

I don’t know how I got these three repeated ones. I only want to keep one. Can anyone help me figure it out?

Many thanks! (hope the gif is clear… I don’t know other people can get such a clear gif to show)

🔑_Tags_2022-07-14_20-46-10_AdobeExpress (1)

It looks like all three actually are portals. Try clicking any one of them’s bullet with shift held down to open the actual rem in a new tab, check where that actually is (just in case it’s in a location you want to keep it in), then ctrl+shift+m it to move it to where the portals are and delete the portals.

Hi UMNiK, thank you for your reply, which helps me ensure that they are portals.

I did some little tests and found that if I just created a portal, then the way to delete/close the portal is simple: by selecting a portal, the colour of its outline turns into orange (if it is still blue, then click the blue outline again, it will turn orange), then click delete, the portal is deleted; however, if I accidently moved the portal, which is my case, the portal would turn into a ‘bounded rem’ and cannot be selected as a portal and deleted easily. The way to delete/close them is quite trick, referring to this answer:
Can’t delete portals
And finally, I removed all unneeded portals.

I don’t really understand the logic behind, but I do feel this is not very user friendly to common users who don’t have much background on computer science. Hope it will be improved in the future.

Many thanks!

You’re welcome. You should be able to open the portal’s menu by hovering a bit to the left of where the usual rem’s menu is without selecting the rem inside the portal, then just press “Delete Portal”.

Weirdly, there is no ‘reply’ to your reply, so I can only @UMNiK, hope this reply can get through to you successfully.

Thank you for replying. Yes, when the portal was still a portal, we can delete it by clicking the 6 dots and simply press the delete. However, after we moved the portal, it would transform to a Rem (a Rem that works like a portal), and when we clicked the 6 dots, the drop-down list would look like what a normal Rem’s drop-down list, and there is no ‘Delete Portal’ button. :slight_smile:

You can press the “comment” button under an answer to add your reply below.

If you still have problems with these portals, feel free to report a bug using the lower right question mark button - this seems like a fairly unique case. Though to be clear, there currently seems to be a bug where you have to actually focus another rem, not the portal, then hover to the left of the portal to get the portal’s menu to show up.

Hi @UMNiK , sorry for not replying for such a long time. Since the problem was solved, I haven’t checked the question for quite a while. Weirdly, there is no ‘comment’ button under your answer (I attached the image for your reference), if I clicked the “comment” button above, it would only reply to me…
Yes, I think this is a bug, so after adjusting all the rems/portals, I just need to remember to not move tags directly on a tag list now (instead, to create a new one and delete the old one). Hope they can solve this bug soon. :slight_smile:

Don’t see your image, but you obviously figured it out, since this reply is correctly nested under your answer and is below my previous comment on your answer. No worries on the delay, I’m glad you found a workaround it the meantime.