References pathway and direct children

idk if its a bug but References dont seem to work the way they supposed to. 1) they show the pathway |…> NAME > NAME_2, and the alias would only otherwrite NAME_2, this is rly annoying
and 2) also they dont display no direct children
is there a work around

References show their pathways in a few cases:

1. The Parent Rem is a Reference itself. In which case you see Name 1 > Name 2, both click-able.
  2. You are referencing a descriptor. They seem to show their Parent Rem for context. In which case you see Name 1 > name 2.
  3. You have Show Full Name enabled. This shows a bigger breadcrumb trail.

You can find more details on cases 1 & 3 here.

To show a Preview of your Reference:
Enable this by going to Settings -> Interface -> (Editor Interface Section) -> Full Page Preview.

You can learn a bit more about Aliases here.

Hope this helps! Do ask if you need further information. :slightly_smiling_face:
Topic moved to Community QA.

yeah i realized i didnt put in the hole context in… damn adhd
but thank u for that, but my actual main question was: how to remove the breadcrumbs.
like i only wann to see “| Name_2” in the text not “|… > Name_2” its a kinds minor thing but it distracts me big time if it comes in a text like:
“Klassiker der | …›Social Facilitation- u. Leistungsmotivation-Forschung und Sportpsychologie”

sorry for the german but i think u can still get my point. the hole sentence gets disrupted. it would be amazing if i cloud alias the reference like:
“Klassiker der Social Facilitation- u. Leistungsmotivation-Forschung und Sportpsychologie”

:slight_smile:

@Lorcan add this custom CSS Why "two" references show up in one reference? (Hide path before reference) - #6 by hannesfrank