Same image as extra card detail under multiple rems

I would like to put in one picture as extra card detail for multiple rems without having to re-upload the same picture multiple times and take up storage unnecessarily (even though it is unlimited at the moment).
The “solution” that comes to mind instantly would be if we could upload the picture once and portal it in under the relevant cards and be able to tag the portal itself as extra card detail. This is not possible as of now, and frankly, a cleaner alternative would be very welcome.

tldr; Ability to use the same image as extra card detail for multiple rems without having to re-upload the image multiple times.

Edit: Is probably related to or the same as Eiko’s request.

I thought of a solution and I’d like to share. I added a pin reference to the main parent Rem and pasted a picture inside the pin so that when I hover on it I can see the picture, especially if it’s a card I answered incorrectly. Here is an example. Hope this helps.

1 Like

The workaround that I use is to copy the image Rem as a Rem Reference (Ctrl + Shift + R) and paste is as a child (tagged “Extra Card Detail”, of course). You can then hide these children of your document (Ctrl + Alt + H), so you do not get so bothered by seeing tha same image many times. This way the image is shown as an extra to all your cards, and you do not have to upload the same image multiple times. Not perfect, but yet better than upload the image many times.

Yet, if you eventually change the image or add something else to the Rem intended to be extra info, these updates will be shown in all your linked Rems.

6 Likes

Hey, thanks so much for sharing! Will be trying this out.

Sounds simple, I’ll give it a shot :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing.

Great idea. I finally realized how to do that. Thanks