Select to batch delete and move items in the Document Table

It is very difficult to delete many top-level rem and documents at once. I would like a way to select documents/rem and bulk delete them. Something like a checkbox next to each entry would be ideal. Maybe a “move all selected” button could be added too.

Currently, I have to manually right click and delete every single document I want to delete:

Request a way to quickly delete multiple documents. On the document review page, put a checkbox next to each document and a delete button at top of page (like Roam).

I would find it helpful to be able to batch delete documents I no linger need, or batch move documents between folders. Can you please add this?

You may collapse the documents, then drag or shift+arrows select them, then delete by pressing delete or move by grabbing a bullet or ctrl+shift+m as you please.

Hi,

I was about to enter a similar feature request when I saw this one. I’m not sure I understand what you are suggesting though. I’m on the main documents list page and would like to select a couple of dozen pages and delete them. I can’t see any way to do this. Could you elaborate.

Thanks,
David

Create a temporary “toppest of the top” document, make all others its children, zoom into it, then see above.

Hi UMNiK,

Is there a way to multi-select documents and then batch move them to a folder for deletion. That would definitely help. But, if I have to move them one by one that wouldn’t be any faster than deleting them one by one would it?

You may multi-select them in the sidebar by shift+drag (see help page RemNote), then make them children of the Big Rem and collapse and drag them within that. Hopefully the same functionality is added to the documents list, but the sidebar multi select combined with creating a temporary parent should be enough for any batch movement or deletion purpose.

I think your point about making the multi-select functionality available in the document list is the key issue here. Many of the rems I want to delete are ‘top level’ rather than documents and so don’t appear in the sidebar. A classic example would the seemingly inevitable list of ‘Untitled’ entries that end up in the full document list which I then have to tidy up individually. I need to pay more attention to see how these are being created because I’m definitely not doing it deliberately :slight_smile:

1 Like

Known bug. For now, try to sidestep the actual documents list entirely with the sidebar and add Stub to it to catch meaningful orphans.