Slot that is a Concept

Cannot make a Concept from a template’s slot. When I enable the /slot it takes away the concept from the Rem. When I write :: to make a concept it takes away the /slot from the Rem

Also, once I add ## ExtraCardDetail to the SLOTS , those details don’t appear in the queues, for that I have to add the ## extracard again when I’m filling the Templated Rems

Could you please share a screenshot of what you are trying to do? I think there is a misunderstanding of how to use a template. (You are not supposed to make flashcards from the template itself and it does not make much sense to ask for the front of a slot instance because all template instances share that.)

Also, when I add Another Template Rem line , it adds it beneath the previous Rem… and not IN LINE WITH IT… like the first two

Ps: Don’t mind the first concept on the ENG Rem… the one that is supposed to have :: is only the PT Rem

If you want to use templates, try it like this:

• Extra Card Details have to be children of the card you want them to be on.
  • The idea of templates is that you tag things with templates to fill out attributes of them. Like Firstname Lastname #Person can have attributes birthday, favorite color etc.
  • Tags on template slots (e.g. Extra Card Details) do not carry over to the template instances. You have to add them manually.
  • Tags on template slots (e.g. Extra Card Details) do not carry over to the template instances. You have to add them manually. - That’s what i was trying to do, I think it could be a useful perk for a future update, otherwise, I’ll have to add manually the extra card detail on synonyms of EACH word of the dictionary I’m building… The template function should be of helping users to avoid filling information every time a new rem is added… Extra card detail is information.

Thanks btw

Extra card detail was added quite recently, templates are a bit older but IIRC still turned off by default. Feel free to bang up a feature request for slots to inherit their tags from the template.

Umnik I think it would be useful that inheritance. But nevermind the request, It’s already stated here. I’m going to stick with Anki for cards and card managing. Feel like RemNote is too far behind on that matter. However I really see value in RemNote as a powerfull platform to import my Anki Cards and build a comprehensive knowledge (visual) database. Hope that in a near future RemNote can reach the excelence in the duality of knowledge and flashcard management that they are aiming for.

FR made Let slots inherit tags, including "Extra Card Detail"

Appreciate man.

Btw what does mean IIRC ?

If I Remember Correctly (Urban Dictionary)