You guys don't care about the users out of English World at all!

If you come from English,Latin,Spanish…OK, Remnote is perfect.You just need to press the keyboard and the input experience is smooth.

But if you come from Asian such as China, Japan, Singapore…the input experience sucks…more specifically, you almost can’t finish the input regularly!Because hieroglyphics word need to select word after pressing!Not like English!And every time I press the select key, the bug disaster happens!(you guys can install the input method on Mac and experience it by yourself and you may understand how bad it is)

Bugs are normal we can understand.But, there are hundreds of questions like that in the community for months but no one from your team response at all!(why you so arrogant?)Input is one of the most basic function in the notes software which you should care most!doesn’t it???

I think you team are too one-sided because you all use English, so you completely don’t care about the users in other country and even don’t realize how big the problem is!

I sincerely know your pain point, especially the East Asian input method. cause I am one of the users of your description.
But did you see this? He is building a brand new text editor for mobile experience including non-Latin user input(maybe?). His work is in progress. I also hope that these cumbersome things go away asap.

5 Likes

I think this is inappropriate. If you find an app that doesn’t work for your needs, you move on and try to find another app. You don’t go out and proclaim that the app doesn’t care about a certain demographic.

Granted they are still trying to build the editor to accommodate this use case.

2 Likes

Thanks for your information.

Following your logic, nobody should complain about product they bought/food they eat/country they live.I hope you never complain.

On the other side, complaining is not only showing the desire for needs, but also the anger.Of course I’ll change before the stupid bug fixed despite I’ve payed for this.But I also want to figure out their disrespect for the users out of English World(perhaps they are not on purpose because their team are all English users).

You can’t feel the anger because you don’t type like me.

Input bug(only happens on Remnote after I tried 10+ notes software)+Nobody Response at all(in their team for a year ),that’s why I complain.Is it inappropriate?

1 Like

I didn’t say you can’t complain. I just said if an app doesn’t cater to your needs, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re being singled out.

This is all moot discussion though. As stated above, they’re working on it.

1 Like

Here are at least three arguments that can be extended:

1. What we are talking about here is a marketable product. If that product does not cater to specific demographic, then this group is essentially being “left out of consideration” / “singled out.” @Wesley5543 made a fine point.

2. Furthermore, we have to bear in mind that it is the basic “INPUT” function being discussed here. Even if we take the attribute of note-taking out of this context, a workable language input should be the minimal standard for all apps and websites. Otherwise, the inaccessibility might constitute “lack of care/ attention” and even discrimination as the unintended consequence.

3. Last but not least, even if you still consider RemNote as a new app, despite it being operated more than years, the team should be obligated to admit the existing problem before enticing people to pay for the service. However, I seem unable to find any statement of “alert: best-suited for English users / input for Asian language is not ready” and alike.

Unless RemNote is a free and open-source product, I find @Wesey5543 's post entirely appropriate and justifiable.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for accurately expressing what my poor English cannot describe. :grinning:

Of course. English is my third language, and therefore, I completely understand your disappointment of discovering the poor language input in RemNote and alike. My post was a direct response to @chicken’s previous comment.

1 Like

I swear they will never fix this issue. I’ve already complained at Reddit and Forum, they commented they are working at that issue but there’s nothing changed. https://www.reddit.com/r/remNote/comments/px66sj/any_alternatives_i_cant_use_remnote_anymore_and/
I’ve already moved to Craft.do and you’d better consider other apps like Logseq or Obsidian or Craft.do. They dont care except for English users, and they will never forever.

1 Like

I agree, but the fact is that Remnote’s team work has only recently become organised, and I’d also like to believe that they would consider improving this. Users of non-Latin input methods are not a minority!

1 Like

Updating———

I have found an ultimate solution to this problem:Using Firefox Browser to Edit Remnote.

I don’t know why(maybe the software kernel conflicts with Mac or Chrome system but not Firefox?I don’t know yet cuz I’m not tech guy), but I’m sharing it to prevent you guys from putting up with this stupid bug, and hopefully it will help the team to discover the cause of the bug and quickly fix it.

Of course, maybe they won’t see this offer or even click into this post, because as usual they don’t respond to the question…

2 Likes

To be fair, it is amazing how the team solve many bugs without bragging or advertising what they have done. I personally ran into other major issues that were solved quietly. A great deal of unnoticed efforts has been made in the past few months, with a consistent momentum to push for new features. As a new team of less than a few years history, their achievements have been rather exceptionally well. I guess that language input for non-Latin originated language is not of a priority on their list at this moment and time.

2 Likes

My opinion was based on this. According to Karthikk, he only officially joined December 2021. So I’d like to think that the team hasn’t settled yet as of that month. I know it can feel frustrating if a use case isn’t being considered. I’ve posted a few suggestions before that I felt went unnoticed. But at the same time I learned to be patient with the team. I apologize if I came across as insensitive.

3 Likes

I totally get your frustration but Remnote isn’t perfect for the English world either. It’s buggy, awkward and still lacks crucial features.

Hey @Wesley5543! Thanks for the post. I completely understand your pain (and all other non-latin users).

Internationalization of RemNote is definitely on our Roadmap, and as a first step we have been rebuilding our core editor to support all languages. You can follow updates about this at Martin’s twitter like @Browneyedsoul has correctly pointed out. This is quite a hard problem, but most certainly an important one for us to solve. That’s why Martin is primarily working on this problem by himself. So hopefully, all of these issues should be solved together with the new editor - and this editor will be used for the new mobile apps as well.

it might actually be beneficial for us to jump on a community call in Discord with the non-latin users to understand all their pain points, we can then use this direct feedback to check if the new editor has successfully solved them.

Would you, @JRY, @Jungwon and others be interested in such a call?

1 Like

The main languages I use in taking notes are English and French, and therefore, I might not be the ideal person for a non-Latin language user-experience-interview. I do, however, also take notes in Chinese. The most serious pain point for me is the search function when seeking for specific words. The search function sometimes neither query words that I type nor bear any relevance. I might say that the search result for Chinese characters is a slightly better than a purely randomized query, but not much better.

3 Likes