Add an option to "Show a small preview on hover" in addition to the current "all descendants" one

Hello, I’ve been using the app since before the 1.4 update. Before the update, I’ve been using the reference feature to expand acronyms and abbreviations, and/or to give me a quick reminder on the definition of a concept.

Prior to the 1.4 update, the pop out feature of the app did it perfectly.

After the update, there is no option to disable the page-preview and it now insists on showing a preview of the page which is a step back from the previous feature.

If I am choosing the pop-out for the references, I do not want to see the entire page. That defeats the point of a pop-out

Here is a picture that previews what the pop out should preview:

I would also like to being able to keep right clicking a reference to preview a page, while keeping the pop-out clean and brief. I think these options should be exclusive of one another instead of having to pick between the two

3 Likes

Same here. Before the update I was able to just hover over a reference I’d made to see a brief reminder, which was a great feature…

2 Likes

YESS!! I use references in exactly the same way and now have the same problem! I was just about to open my own thread about this. The pop-up preview was an amazing functionality and we really need it back!

2 Likes

To be clear, the full-page preview still exists, but has to be turned on manually. Search for “hover” in settings.

1 Like

Oh you’re right! Thanks so much!

1 Like

This is the only option, though. It would be nice to have the previous option of having a small pop-up again where it just the concept and definition. Not a floating preview of the full page

Having it preview the full page is very clunky, especially when I use it to remind me of what acronyms and short names means, this is especially useful in biochemistry where chemicals have very long name but I don’t need to see the whole page or all the aliases for it. Also it’s very hard to keep track of especially if it’s the first few times I’ve used that acronym.

I would to have the option to set it as the Name + definition, which is how it used to work but since the update that has changed.

I do realise that that’s what you want, and feel free to create a Feature Request to the same effect, I was just telling some people that were under the impression that there is no hover preview at all anymore that they can turn on the full-page version in settings.

2 Likes

Do I create a new thread for this, under that category?

Up to you, if you want to create a new OP describing precisely what changes you want and why and leave a link to this thread in it, that’t fine, or I can just move this thread under Feature Requests and change its title to be more precise: “Add option to show a smaller preview rather than all descendants on hover”.

I think the second option would be better since I have detailed in my original message how I want the preview to look.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Hello guys, if I create rem reference, it’s popup (left mouse click) didn’t include rem’s definition but shows only its descends. I suppose it will great to show definition

Hello! There are CSS to hide those aliases and reference. Here it is:
Show Aliases When Needed by @liberated_potato

Hide Reference In Preview by @TaQuangKhoi

Thank you!

2 Likes