Aliases being shown as "extra" information in the flashcards

While I know many users do not use the flashcards of the system, I am still sure that the key for true mastery, and in the long term, is absolutely dependant of the fundamental principles of Active Recall Testing and Spaced Repetition.

By now, I can’t see how aliases, as they are already implemented, fit these requests. While very interesting in the point of view of linking things and organizing knowledge, they don’t have any integration with the flashcard generation yet.

As I can see, a first step would be ensuring aliases being shown as “extra” information on the flashcards recalling the concept, even because, as it is obvious, I can answer using a word / concept or its synonym, and even having organized the synonyms through aliases, only the concept itself is shown in the answer. How would I know if the word/concept I answered is not a valid synonym if the aliases are not shown?

By now, even using tha Extra Card Info the aliases are not shown (only the word “aliases” and Power Rem symbol, but the list of them does not appear).

A second step would be creating the possibility of easily generating a flashcard that would show the alias in the front and ask for the concept, or vice versa. I’m used to do this in Anki, by having a field for “alternative denomination” and by setting the template to generate these cards on demand, when required. By now, I’m forced to create a descriptor for this purpose, repeating the information already existing in the alias power rem.

This being said, congratulations for the alias feature; I’m sure it is going to help many and, being slightly improved, have yet more power!