Anyone experiencing slowdowns making Remnote unusable?

This week my Remnote desktop app (and on remnote.io) has taken more than 5 minutes to load, and once loaded, every new rem that I create takes a while to display on the screen after being typed. PDFs that are uploaded take more than 3 minutes for a simple 200Kb file to display on screen…

I have just over 70k Rem - is this the reason for the slowdown? Anyone else with larger datasets please let me know if you are experiencing similar issues.

Thank you

1 Like

I already experienced it so frequently, so I moved to the MS Edge Browser app, and don’t use the pdf feature anymore because of the sluggish things you said. (Compare with Devonthink and getpolarized → the latter one was for the first time not attractive performance and pricing but It’s getting better and better. ) I think making UX better performance is a long-term downstream issue and devs are also struggling with it. Maybe tough to deal with even they are really good at it.
IMO, RemNote is just about to get out of the starting point. We’ll see.

I also experienced significant long loading time for small sized PDF files lately.