Audio upload and function like awesomeTTS

Hi, I’m a serious language learner and life long subscriber, I’m very happy with the pdf function, I can learn a lot with books! However, I used to make flash cards with awesomeTTS plugin and Anki or with audios I made to practice listening skills , this is a must for a serious language learner, please make it real, thank you!

Related, but not necessarily the same as Speak flashcards

2 Likes

Yes! I agree. I love the little add audio button in Anki. I use it to quickly add correct pronunciation for language learning. With pictures and audio, I can help my youngest son learn our tribal language even though he is too little to read much. It is nice that audio can be added to RemNote, but a little record button would be so much quicker. It would be especially handy for language teachers to reinforce correct pronunciation or just give students a sense of things like sentence cadence when sending notes to students.

1 Like

Recently moved study sessions & note-taking over to Remote & abounded Anki. However, Anki has a feature allowing recorded audio to the back or front of a flashcard. I would like to see them implemented on remote if possible. For example, suppose I get a card wrong. In that case, I can play the audio that I recorded to explain the concept, thus improving my ability to make connections when studying actively.

1 Like

Hello, RemNote has an option to include audio to files. For instance,

You can do so by doing the command /audio. However, it seems it can only include URLs. (do correct me if I’m wrong)

If I may also suggest, I suggest using a site like vocaroo.com to record/upload audio you already have and share them as links. Red Gregory has also shared another way to get audio, if you need to do so here: https://youtu.be/p92BTa5Q6pc?t=1141

2 Likes

Thank you for your information! That may solve some of my problems. The remain is if I have a lot of mp3 files of vocabularies, it’s too many steps to upload them and share their link one by one…

No problem!
I agree with you as well, which is why I also voted for this feature request. It would be tedious to have to do it manually like that :confused:
I hope something like this becomes a feature in the future!

2 Likes