Avoid creating documents when pasting a source link

Hi,

Probably I just don’t understand the #Document tag or smth so sorry if this is naive.

In my workflow I have a loooot of rems with a source link which get tagged as Document automatically. This is a bit problematic because as they are tagged they appear in the sidebar (only sometimes, my experience is a bit random).

I am here asking if there is any reason to use documents, which is the real advantage/functionality of the tag because rn is only bothering me a lot. Also, I don’t really like the icon thing that get modified in the rem. I have an open mind, though, so happy to see if someone can convince me of their usefulness.

My second question is that if I can avoid the behavior of tagging a rem as a document when I add a source link.

Cheers

Sadly, you cannot. My advice would be to either switch to a different system for citations (I create a new rem for the link, apply and fill in a template, then tag the source rem with the note rem) or give up on the in-built sidebar (except for maybe a few top-level entrypoints) and use smaller keynotes or manually create a better one - Guide: How To Build A Sidebar (keep it easily accessible, such as a windowed pane or top of the pinned list in the regular sidebar).