Backend API not working?

I tried to access my edit later rem but response 500 is returned. Is there something wrong with the server or with my codes (in python)?

url = "https://api.remnote.io/api/v0/get"
header = {"apiKey": "myapiKey", "userId": "myUserId", "remId": "myRemId"}
response = requests.post(url, data=header)

Thanks for your help.

I think all plugins are not working properly at this moment.

even I contacted the support in discord. They said they disabled the function.

1 Like

The backend API has been disabled because it was bottlenecking syncing. We want to add it back in the future :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the notification. I really hope that the backend API can be re-enabled because I have spent quite a lot of time trying to integrate remnote and notion database. I have been relying on the API for syncing the Edit-Later-tagged rems with a database in notion.

1 Like

Maybe you could use the new plugin system we released for this? Are you syncing only in one direction, ie. RemNote → Notion, or both ways, RemNote <-> Notion?

1 Like

oh you building the plugin to integrate with notion? that’s awesome :grinning: We all looking for the backend API in remnote. I hope you would enable it with 2.0 version.

1 Like

From RemNote → Notion only. So plugins are working now? @JRY just said all plugins are not working.

What I made was only a python script for talking with RemNote server, allowing rems tagged with Edit-Later to be imported into Notion, and when a rem is set as “Done” a similar tag appears for the corresponding entry in Notion. It was working fine.
I have no idea how to develop a plug-in. But if the plugins are working fine I may try to learn about that.

You can read about the new plugin system here: https://plugins.remnote.com/. I think it would definitely be possible to remake your notion syncing script with the new plugin system. You would have to use javascript/typescript though. If you need help, I would be happy to give you a hand, you can message me either here or on Discord (Jamesb#7557)

2 Likes