Documents messed up after sidebar reset

Today after I logged in sidebar was missing Drafts and Pinned sections, i.e. I didn’t have any documents listed on my sidebar. I did reset it, but after it lots of documents got messed up, mainly by moving their location randomly, and I’ve got MANY empty documents listed.

Update: It appears that some of those “empty” documents that suddenly appeared in sidebar, actually contain either documents I created or some rems. And I can’t see any logic to it. It totally messed up my rems.

1 Like

I have made one update on my original post. Here’s some more information, in hopes that it will help with resolving this issue.

• A document with source information was divided into 2 documents: First document remained with original name, while other document took name of the source field and all hidden rems from original one (in picture those are 3 rems under the green block).
    As you can see, there is a warning about existing document with same source. That other document is original one from which this one split (taking hidden rems with it).

• I have new Untitled documents that contain rems from other documents, without any logic whatsoever as to why certain rems split off, while others remained in their original place.

1 Like

Are you guys testing something? I’m afraid of loosing my data if you apply solution with deleting new Untitled documents that contain rems from other documents.

1 Like

Can anyone from developers team reach out and suggest course of action? I didn’t work inside RemNote since this happened, since I didn’t know whether that can lead to data loss.

1 Like

I feel exactly the same with my problem now! I’m scared to continue working with RemNote because I’m scared I might lose even more Rems! I just created backups of my still intact documents, but of course still hoping for a restoration of my data! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hello devs
@Martin
@mattygrov

1 Like

@Martin, sorry, but I have to ask this way, since I can’t get any answer from anyone.
Any advice on this situation I’m having?

Yes, i am also facing the sort of the same issue. In my case, whatever the documents i am adding it is not visible on the sidebar. According to me, Remnote is a great application but it requires more stability rather than any new features. Core Issues has to be solved like Data Loss, Bugs, smooth UI, fixing the algorithm of spaced repetition then it will contribute to the efficacy of the app.

Bump

I know developers have other things in their life besides working on RemNote, but I think lack of response for this long is not justified.

Apologies for not responding to queries here, I really appreciate all your patience here.
Kindly let me know via PM if you are still facing such irregularities, and I can assure you that we don’t take data loss lightly.

This should have stopped occurring due to earlier backend fixes, hence closing the topic for now.