Cloze on PDF Highlights

This seems to be a very simple feature. Create clozes on PDF highlights.

Right now, PDF highlights pasted on a rem become a link to the PDF, which is great. But that means we can’t edit it and, especially, we can’t quickly create cloze on the copied sentence.

As far as I am concerned, you indeed can edit and make flashcards of your highlights. In your PDF, you click on the document symbol in the top left corner, that will alternate your view to a document associated to the PDF. You can then edit the content of the PDF highlights and create flashcards there regularly.

As I understand, RemNote creates a document associated to the PDF. All your text highlights turn into rems in this document, ordered automatically by page. These Rems have a pin to direct them to the correct place in the PDF view. And they are just Rems, as all others, with the same capabilities.

Here, I created a cloze flashcard of the first Rem; and edited the image highlight of the second Rem (inserting a LaTeX formula).

1 Like

Thank you very much, Hugo!!

That’s exactly what I need.

You can get clozes in the highlights Rem notes. Just change from the pdf view to the highlight view.