Clozes: UI Improvements within Editor

Improvement # 1: It would be nice if we could tell from a glance which clozes are merged and which ones are not within the same rem.

Before:

This could be achieved in a few ways (I’d be more than happy to hear about any ideas the community might have as well!):

1. By assigning a different background color / underline color to them in the editor

After:

1. By assigning a superscript number, e.g. ¹, ², ³ etc.

After:

Improvement # 2: It would also be nice if we could tell from a glance which clozes are active (have Practice toggled on), and which ones are not from the bottom toolbar.
This would be somewhat similar to the UI of the Cards Icon in the bottom toolbar that indicates whether Forward/Backward/Both cards are activated in case of regular card-generating rems.

• Alternative 1 to Improvement # 2: If Improvement # 1 is made, the background / underline color of the rem can be greyed out to indicate an inactive card (opposite for an active card) OR if superscript numbers were used, they could be greyed out.
  • Alternative 2 to Improvement # 2: A simple crossing-out of the clozed word or sentence (can prove to be messy with larger clozes, though).
    Here’s an image from a separate cloze-related request made by Eiko a while back: image

Note: Depictions of what these changes may look like are not the most polished-looking (partly because they aren’t very complete ideas, partly because I’m not the best in design), and that is why I’d really like for community members to add on to this thread with their ideas.