Code block improvement suggestions

Thanks for the amazing software. Finding it super helpful for learning programming but there is definitely some much-needed updates to the code block:

1. Ability to create inline code block: very similar to the inline quote but includes syntax colour, ability to copy code to clipboard, and a different font to differentiate between quotes and inline code blocks easily.

2. Improved formatting of text above a code block (create a greater gap to avoid obstructing lower half of letters like g or p)

alternatively, separate function to give title or description to images/ code blocks

1. Ability to create cloze deletions within code block

Many thanks for your support!

Hi,

I am also enjoying Remnote but I wanted to add my suggestion for an improvement to code blocks.

When writing code, I currently have to put a space in between two underscores like so '_ _ ', so that I can tell they are two separate underscores, otherwise they appear like this ‘__’. This also happens within normal rems, but it is especially annoying when typing literal code in the code blocks.

When I am typing two underscores in Python, the underscores are next to each other with a small gap.

For example, here are some of my Python study notes using a code block:

Here is the same code in Python:

If you are updating the codeblock software, could you consider changing this please.

Thanks to the Remnote team for your awesome work!

3 Likes

Hi @ChristinaOz,
Try to use this font “Cascadia Mono”… This is the font of Visual Studio Code
Using Custom CSS to change font of codeblock:

#code-node {
	font-family: "Cascadia Mono" !important;
} 

Learn more about Custom CSS

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I haven’t used Custom CSS before, but I’ll investigate how to use it and give it a go.

1 Like