Constantly Experiencing Multiple Bugs/Crashing

I’m a pro/beta user and I’ve been experiencing crashes since the big change was released in beta version. I haven’t had the time to mention it earlier because of my busy schedule as a student, but it’s gotten to the point where my workflow has been impacted significantly and is affecting my studies. As a graduate student in the medical field, I don’t have much time to waste on working around the bugs that Remnote still has yet to fix despite other users reporting similar concerns. I constantly have to close and reopen Remnote because it is always crashing every hour or sometimes every 30 minutes.

I love Remnote so much, but it’s getting really hard to keep supporting it when I feel like there isn’t much feedback and answers to the communities questions and concerns.

Here are some of the bugs I’ve been experiencing:

1.) It crashes any time I stretch the highlight outside of the margins. A lot of the time, I just stretch it out and don’t actually highlight any grey area, but once the highlight touches any space outside the margin of the pdf, it crashes.

2.) every single time i try to modify a rem by clicking on it and searching for actions, it immediately crashes. the only way i can edit rems is by using the omnislash
ezgif-2-15d523c57d5d

3.) majority of the time i try to set a new parent and move a rem, the search bar doesn’t pick up my typing and the keys are being added to the title of the rem i want to move. It takes me a few tries until it finally stops doing it, but still annoying.
ezgif-2-c273e406d0d9

4.) also some random crashes when i just click on any rem
ezgif-2-dff1793e195c

@Gen_Eclevia Thanks for the comprehensive reports! They help a lot.

1. That was a tricky one to figure out because an external library produced that error. Almost fixed.
  2. This one appeared on Firefox previously, but we fixed it. I cannot reproduce this on Chrome, Firefox or Desktop App, both Windows and MacOS. What browser / app version + OS are you using?
  3. Same here: Cannot reproduce on all my platforms. :frowning: Does it happen on empty pages too without sources too? Does it only happen in Move Rem or also sometimes in the Document Omnibar (Ctrl + P), Command Omnibar (Ctrl + /) or Merge Rem?
  4. Fixed in the next update.
1 Like

#3 is also happening to me. On desktop, nor online.
I created a rem in one folder and wanted to move it to another folder. I tried using the three dots on the top right to move and it did exactly the same thing she is showing on the clip. Restarting did not help, I could never move it this way.
The other way I tried was to go to the list of documents in that folder and clicking the six dots that appear on the left side of the rem, but it would dissapear everytime I tried to reach it with my mouse courser. I eventually understood that it was behaving this way because my side bar was hidden. It is somehow interfering with the commands on the left side. Like the arrows at top, the back arrow does work when the side bar is hidden.

In the discord, it was suggested that one should use the /move command for the meantime. Hannes figured out the bug is from using the three dots.

2 Likes

I only really use the desktop app on my MacBook Pro with macOS Monterey
Version 12.0.1. As the RemNote app itself, I’m currently using Version 1.4.10.

#3 It also happens on empty pages without sources, but I work around it by just using the Omnibar commands instead of clicking on the the 3 dots.

I’ve been experiencing #3 as well, every time I try to move a Rem under a new parent. Happens in both my browser (MS Edge - Version 96.0.1054.43, 64-bit) and the desktop app (v1.4.10). OS is Windows 10.

1,2 and 4 are fixed in the upcoming update.

3 will be in the bugfix release after that.