Copied pdf text: remove underlining and make editable

When you copy words from pdf the words are underlined and cannot be changed. I find the underlining of very long passages hard to read. I suggest a) make it a setting to turn off underling b) introduce a quote text formant.

Also sometimes I want to format my copied text by bolding some words or remove annoying hyphens (so I can read the text better). However, you can’t do this. I suggest making it so.

FYI, love the new UI but not sure about the new logo. Keep the good work up remnote team.

1 Like

Hello you can change the excerpts from PDF to anything of you liking:
If you CTRL+click, you will open a portal to the actual text behind the excerpt. Change it and close the portal and you are done :wink:
With css-custom you can change the appearance of the excerpts to anything you like. If you can’t code CSS, there will be new CSS snippets arriving in the near future, when the community gets used to the 1.4 changes. cheers

You can change the underline part using this CSS snippet

/* Change pdf highlight reference link color and style */
.rem-reference.rem-reference-link  .rem-reference--pdf-highlight {
  color: teal ; /* comment this to use default font color */
  border: none; /* removes underline */
}
4 Likes

hello @liberated_potato!
thanks for the snippet. In my experience it doesn’t work though (I think).
Here is a screenshot below.
Is there a new functioning of the custom CSS I’m missing?

Still works for me.

Are you using other themes? maybe something else is overriding the style. You can test it by disabling all other themes and just enabling this snippet.

I don’t see any checkboxes in you CSS snippet rem. I usually nest everything under a check box so that I can easily enable/disable styles.

Example:

Thank you for getting back at me
I believe ticking boxes deactivates the snippet, right? I’m starting to question everything now :sweat_smile:

See on the left my entire CSS custom rem: the only snippet that is activated is yours, and on the right the excerpts are “underlined”. You can also see that I’ve correctly selected CSS as language.

Unless you have another idea of what might be wrong, I think I’m in a dead end :frowning_face:

1 Like

You forgot the semicolon after color: teal so the code does not work…

2 Likes

Good catch. I replaced that variable with a color and missed semicolon. I have updated the snippet as well.

3 Likes

This worked for me. Thanks a lot @liberated_potato .

It is a great feature that you can add custom css!

1 Like