Declutter Aliases - show them only when needed (snippet for version 1.8 is in post #16)

Thanks a lot!!! It is working.

Hi, man, it worked perfectly, thanks so much!

Is there a newer version of these for the current version (1.8.x)? I was using all of these, but they do not seem to work anymore :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks so much for this!
This was working for me in versions before 1.8.10, but doesn’t seem to be working in the newer versions.
Anyone else?

1 Like

It seems to be working just fine for me (1.8.13), in web (WPA). Maybe if you close and open the program? Make sure you are using the updated snippet and the old one is turned off or deleted, and you don’t have other opposing codes, maybe…

2 Likes

It is still working for me as well. Most likely you have other conflicting CSS code. Try to disable all other CSS snippets, just enable this one and see if it works.

There can be one more weird reason for this to not work. At least for me, the custom CSS got messed up after the recent update. Now, I have two custom CSS powerup pages. One such page is empty and the other one has all my old CSS snippets. If I add anything to this old Custom CSS page, it doesn’t work. However, if I add anything to the new Custom CSS page, it works. To open this new Custom CSS page, you have to go to Interface in Settings and click Add Custom CSS. Try adding this snippet to the new Custom CSS page.

2 Likes

It is still working for me also.

2 Likes

@Dante_Gaxiola @liberated_potato @hugo Thank you all! :slight_smile:
No conflicts, just had to move them under a new parent > Disable them all > Enable them again and it seemed to fix itself (in case anyone else comes across the same problem).

3 Likes

Well, oddly enough, it stopped working for me today, with no changes on my part. RN version is 1.8.14. I tried @anisha method and didn’t work. Anyone else?

1 Like

Yep, stopped working for me as well on the web (1.8.14). Works fine on the desktop app, which is still running 1.8.13.

1 Like

Same for me. Not working since 1.8.14.

1 Like

yep yep, not working since 1.8.14. it’s amazing the visual difference this makes, this snippet is so so useful

3 Likes

Maybe @liberated_potato or @hannesfrank could help us here, would be very appreciated!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t see a way to differentiate aliases anymore. There used to be this [data-rem-container-tags~="aliases"] that we could use to differentiate aliases. I don’t see them anymore. I don’t think I will be able to fix it unless there is some change in the Remnote code base or someone else finds some CSS magic.
@hannesfrank any insights?

3 Likes

@hannesfrank and @Karthikk,

Could you ask the team to bring back [data-rem-container-tags~=“aliases”], as removing it broke the workflow of some users?

2 Likes

@hugo Unfortunately we removed the implicit type parents (What’s the little x after a reference for?) this CSS was based on for now. So the alias list does not get an implicit #Aliases tag anymore.

As slots get a major overhaul soon I can check if we can support a data-slot attribute to target specific slots, in this case aliases.

At some point we discussed custom aliasing UX (similar to inline sources) which could also solve your problem. But it’s not a priority right now.

3 Likes

oh my god please please make it a priority. I love alias and it’s one of the main reasons why I upgraded to the paid version but their UI is so eye-catching in an otherwise pretty clean interface, it’s driving me nuts having to hide them manually every time i see one :weary:

3 Likes

I agree, it makes such a big difference! I think only those that don’t really aliases won’t appreciate the change.

1 Like

I implemented data-rem-property and data-rem-container-property on rem that are a properties/slot instances which hold the name of the slot in the same format as data-rem-[container-]tags. E.g.

/* Hide the aliases container if it is inside a child */
.tree-node--children [data-rem-container-property~="aliases"] {
    display : none;
 }  

/* Hide the aliases container if it is inside a reference context menu (the one you get when you hover over a rem reference) */
 .rn-popup__content [data-rem-container-property~="aliases"] {
    display : none;
 }  

should work then when it hits prod. And it will allow some more flexibility when the slot rework is released :wink:

9 Likes

Thanks, @hannesfrank . Working on 1.8.26

2 Likes