Drag-Drop vs Scrolling on mobile

Hi there,

when I use remnote on mobile (android-app or web on android) I have the problem, that by scrolling my documents I very often move rems to somewhere or indent/outdent them unintended.

It would help me when I could disable touch-events for mobile in the settings (maybe a toggle in lab-settings?), so only drag-events for desktop stay activated. Indent und Outdent work well on mobile with the buttons in the button-bar.

Thanks and keep up the great work! :v:

It might help to scroll with your right hand to avoid the bullet points, which could be causing some of the issues. However, as a left-handed user, this should be looked into more by the developers.

same problem here, I tried to get used to it over time cause just so for many web apps that are simply “ported” to android, but in fact one can’t fully get used to this. It goes on being annoying :slight_smile:

I guess for mobile apps used on touch screen you’ll have to rethink handling to a great extent, it just goes mooore buttons and shortcuts that don’t use odd characters that live on 3rd level of keyboard.

Also pressing the tiny dots for certain functions - or worse having to hit the three horizontal dots isn’t really optimal as well, just to mention. (a sheer understatement).

Hope we’ll see some improvement in this points over time, also

• mobile not starting with queue automatically but with a chosen page (e.g. Thought Queue for quick capture
  • including the Thought Queue or Daily Notes into the native OS’s share system (to replace Web Clipper functionality on PC Browsers)
  • at a given time a local-only version for Android and iOS (if possible there) and with some optional sync to the cloud and backup (either remnote cloud or some own service like GDrive, Dropbox or whatever)

Generally I must say I loathe that fully PC-centric world we live in - just as it was still 2003. Everyone mutters that Bill Gates gets richer and richer - and everyone just developing apps that are windows only - so what? No one even thinks of Chrome OS, of mobile work options on phones and tablets, not even to speak of promising linux distros… Thinks can hardly improve and speed up when all is just for bloated, bon-old and data-hungry dodderer windows systems

1 Like

Looks like this is fixed with the relaunch. Thanks!

2 Likes