Edit later confusion

I’m having trouble with the edit later function.

I went through and edited everything tagged with ‘edit later’ but the side bar still shows the number 9 by the edit later document. when i go into that document, i see a magenta box that says “25 Rem have this tag”. when i expand all the bullets in that Rem, I don’t see any ‘edit later’ tags. Also, when I hit the x at the far right of the “25 Rem have this tag” line, I see a similar box that says “25 Rem have this tag.”

I’ve tried expanding all bullets and I don’t see the typical ‘edit later’ tags I’m used to.

Sorry if that’s difficult to understand, here are some photos:

1 Like

we just pushed a new update with some improvements to the edit later features. Let me know if these problems still persist for you

Hey Matty, I’m still having this issue. I’m seeing “9” to the right of the “edit later” link in my sidebar but I can’t find those tags. I love the idea of remnote but can’t say that it’s been a smooth experience learning it. I’ll keep at it.

Also, love your youtube channel. I’m a non-traditional premed and got a lot out of it. Thank you!

Do you see any change here if you press the “refresh” icon at the top right of the purple box?

Hmm it might be a bug where any old Rem tagged with “Edit Later” were secretly tagged with a hidden “edit later” tag. So in your case, you had 25 Rem that were previously tagged before the update.

Possible solution to try

1. Retag each of the 25 Rem in the purple search box with the Edit Later tag
  2. Then click done editing
  3. Then hit the refresh icon on the search bar of the purple box

That’s what I ended up doing some weeks ago and it solved that part of the problem. Now, I still occasionally bump into the other side of the coin: old rems that ARE tagged but aren’t found.

Hi - I’m a relatively new Remnote user, and I have loved it! (Been a lifesaver for med school!) Anyway, I’m running into a similar issue now with the Edit Later feature. I haven’t tagged any rems as edit later (to my knowledge) but I am still showing “5” in my edit later queue, but when I go there, nothing shows up. Any ideas? Thank you!

Is Edit Later broken? - Community Q/A - RemNote
You can try some solution on this post

I’ve had sorta similar troubles with Edit Later too.

Thanks guys, looks like the new update did the trick!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!!!