These 2 features are now available in the latest version of Alpha & Beta:
- We want to make it as easy as possible for you to record where you found your treasured pieces of knowledge, so we added the ability to add as many sources as you want to your Rem!
- We redesigned the source UI to make it effortless to connect multiple sources to a document - simply click the add source button in the document header and you can add links to websites, PDFs and even other rem in your knowledge base.
- All of the sources integrate seamlessly with our first class annotation methods, including PDFs, web annotations as well as some upcoming ones
- This also plays well with our Web Links feature; adding a URL as a source will do these automatically for you:
- Create a special Website Rem with the URL as source
- Auto-format the name of that Rem based on the Title of the webpage and throw in an icon as well
- Replace the URL that you pasted into the source bar with a reference to that Website Rem (now you can track how many times you have used a certain source via reference backlinks)
- All of this is instantaneous.
- Based on frequent community requests, we made it possible to add sources to a Rem without turning that rem into a document.
- Love using sources? You will love them even more now. It is now possible to add sources to a rem without having to zoom into the rem. You can now add sources using the / command (just type /source) and paste the URL/ search for an existing rem.
- Sources to Rems are now more discoverable through the new in-line UI; they are editable too!
Fun Tip: Try adding a source to an empty Rem through the / command.
We would love for you to try the new features out and let us know your thoughts. Thank you!