Forward and back navigation buttons don't work

I just started to use the RemNote desktop app on a Microsoft Surfacebook 1 (Windows 10) and I am having this issue as well.

Thanks for posting, we are finding it a little difficult to reproduce this. Nevertheless this is on priority 2, and will be fixed soon.
It can be followed here: Back and forward navigation buttons not working · Issue #477 · remnoteio/remnote-issues · GitHub

Hi, I reported this issue too, but today I clicked on the Multiple Panes button on the left bottom of the screen while the 404 message was shown and suddenly one of my rem-pages showed up. I clicked open some more rems and now I can use the back-button again!

I can reproduce it by going al the way back to the 404 page and then everything is stuck again. Clicking the Multiple Panes button makes my pages reappear and I can build up a history :smiley:

(I haven’t updated yet, so it is still version 1.3.6)

Edit: after the update to 1.3.9 the app still starts with the 404 page, but I can start a building a history by clicking Multiple Panes.

Ok so that 404 issue and the navigation buttons are connected to each other in that case?

Yes, if you use the back button, you land on the 404 page and from there you can’t go back or forward.
Choosing a rem from the side menu is a way to reach the rem. Clicking Multiple Panes makes the history start to build up. But if you quit the app and restart, you’re presented with the 404 page again.

If I check www.remnote.io/cards there are two documents called ‘Missing document’ in red. Is it possible that these rem are somehow stuck? Because in the title bar of the 404 page it says ‘Missing page’.
I can’t click them or change them, I can’t find them using command-P. Any way of getting rid of them?

That’s a really good find. If you don’t mind, and there aren’t any private details in your KB, could you send us over a copy of your backup?
that will help us a lot in understanding the issue and finding the solution for it

I did the following test:
Removed all of Remnote from my Mac (app, folder in home-folder, updaterfolder, folder in application support.
Reinstalled Remnote and updated to latest version.
Without logging in created a local database.
Without creating any rems closed the app.
Opened the app and: 404 page :frowning_face:

I could send you this kb, but I how do I do that? What do I send and where to?

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to be connected with the KB or your account in this case. Thanks for experimenting with this. I will add it to the repo.

This is still happening in July 15, 2021.

This always comes up when I open the device. Is there a way to solve this error?

I’m using Windows 10. Both the desktop and Chrome browser shows the error.

Thank you for the help and Good day.

1 Like

As an update, only the desktop program is showing the “404 - Page not found” page and non-functioning navigation buttons. The chrome browser “synced knowledge database” was the one working during my note taking.

I have also been having the same issue since the moment I downloaded the desktop app.

1 Like

same here - this has been happening since i dived in almost 3 weeks ago

I am having the exact same issue on desktop app. I am using the latest version 1.4.10

1. Error on opening the app
  2. Error whenever I try to navigate backward/forwards

I tried reinstalling the app multiple times.
Also deleted all my rem it still didnt work

RemNote has updated to new version today (Version 1.5.0). But there is steel same error for dekstop app on Windows 10 when trying navigate forward/backward. Just wanted to note.

Any way new ‘link’ feature is the best!

2 Likes

still same !!! Bad experience right when you login !

1 Like

At seemingly random times, using CMD-[ does nothing (instead of bringing me to the previous page), but clicking on the back arrow on the top right of the interface consistently does work.

Mac app Version 1.3.15

1 Like