Hotkey to preview flashcard

need a keyboard shortcut / hotkey to preview flashcard for the rem, where the cursor currently is at; instead of moving the mouse to hover over the preview button area. To close the preview, just any other key could be pressed. :grinning:
link to post on same topic in Community Q/A

There is no shortcut at the moment, but you can consider to use this entry in the special menu:

The fastest way to get there is:
Wherever your are within the rem (it can be within a word, doesn’t need to be at the end), begin typing:
/ds ENTER

ds is part of the words flashcarDS and it’s the shortest search term to make this option appear on top.

So instead of a shortcut, you have 4 buttons. You decide if that’s better than the mouse :wink:

You leave the preview with ESC.

5 Likes

woah great, that is certainly much better than moving the mouse to hover :grin:
but after I press ESC, the text cursor is nowhere to be seen; and no keys seem to do anything. I have to click with the mouse to start typing again. :sweat_smile:
Am I missing anything?

You are right, the cursor disappeared. I don’t know exactly what the cursor is focusing at the moment, but you can get it back with the tab key. Sadly it will only reappear within the proximity of the original position. Well, try it out, perhaps it works for you.

When I press the tab key, the text cursor appears in “Add a Portal to an Existing Rem” Box in the toolbar at the bottom right of the document editor.

Interesting… For me, the cursor appears near the previous REM (just below it). But if I press tab again, then I also jump to the Add a Portal search.

Well, it was just a suggestion, as long as the card preview doesn’t have its own shortcut yet (for opening, and for closing the preview and putting the cursor back to the correct position). I know, it’s not a perfect solution.

PS, you could try to move the cursor back from the search with SHIFT + TAB. The whole shortcut looks like this now:

1. /
  2. D
  3. S
  4. ENTER
  5. ESC
  6. SHIFT + TAB (depending where your cursor is)
    :rofl:
1 Like

somethings wrong on my side; this doesn’t work for me either :joy:.
Thanks for the suggestions, anyways. :grin: /ds ENTER will still be useful sometimes :+1:

1 Like