How do I turn rem to breadcrumbs in a portal again?

I clicked on the breadcrumb of a portal which then allowed to open the parent of the node originally displayed in the portal. This was useful so I could check the context of the note originally shown but now I don’t seem to be able to reset the portal back as it was i.e. to just show the rem I originally wanted to show in the portal. Is there a way to reset a plain portal ?

See Guide: How To Build A Sidebar for operations you can perform on portals.

Basically the breadcrumbs/grey links in a portal are hidden rem. When you click them they are “shown” - although of course you could see them before to provide context. To hide them again use the normal slash commands /Hide and /Hide Parents & Siblings etc.

Furthermore Hiding state is recorded in the undo history so you can just press Ctrl + Z to hide again if that was your last action.

I would like to know this too – is there really no way to reset a portal after clicking on a breadcrumb?

It happened to me multiple times that I just wanted to look up a parent node of a rem in a portal and ended up with having to set the portal all over again, which is very frustrating. I almost never want to set the parent as a new children of the portal.

In my perspective, a networked notebook tool should make it as easy and fast as possible to navigate the graph. Changing the graph, however, should be as clear and safely aligned with the mental-model of the user as possible, even if this means that you need an additional step.