How to hide the folder a Rem is in when referencing it?

I have got the following folder structure:

• Biology
    • DE
    • EN

Then, in the Biology>EN folder I have (amongst others) two Rems: “Unifying Themes” and “Biosphere”. In “Unifying Themes” I have a reference to “Biosphere”, and it is shown like this:

As you can see, it shows the folder EN in front of every Rem there, which I find very distracting. Note that that is not the full name, as when I right click on “EN > Biosphere” and select “Show Full Name” it then says “Biology > EN > Biosphere”.

I want the reference to say “Biosphere” only - without folder information.

I already tried toggling Settings > Labs > “Include Hierarchy Info on Rem References”, but that does not change anything.

Do you have any idea on how to achieve this?

P.S.: I want to separate my notes that I write in German and English respectively. If you have any idea on how else to structure my folders accordingly so that it doesn’t show that folder info in front of every Rem reference, that would be okay for me too.

Thank you!

The way references are displayed is not that intuitive. The specific case you are seeing, as per ‘Remnote’, is the expected behavior which doesn’t make sense to me. Check the reason for closure of this issue References to Concepts made out of other References are displayed like Descriptors and shows wrong Parent #71

Since you also find this distracting, you can throw this snippet in your custom CSS and hide it (and all other cases where the references are displayed like ‘Parent>child’)

/* the 'Parent>' in the 'Parent > child' style references */
.rem-reference .gray, .rem-reference .join-arrow {
    display: none; 
}

If you also want to hide this inside the tags as well

/* Hide  the the Parent > child style reference in a tag */
 .hierarchy-editor__tag-bar__tag .gray, .hierarchy-editor__tag-bar__tag .join-arrow {
    display: none; 
}

This works perfectly, thank you! The issue you linked is not closed though, it says it’s open and has (amongst others) the priority=2 and feature-request labels :thinking:

@hoelzlmanuel sorry, I linked the wrong issue since there are many corner cases. Your issue is because you have exactly two characters in your parent rem. If you change EN to ENN the issue should go away. Here is the closed issue References to Concepts made out of other References are displayed like Descriptors and shows wrong Parent · Issue #71 · remnoteio/remnote-issues · GitHub