How to set font color?

how to set font color?
font color, not the high light color.

You can’t change the font-color of individual pieces of text right now, only the background color. Please submit a feature request if you want this!

I added a custom css block in order to turn one of the highlighting colors into a font color change by setting the background to “transparent” and the color to the one of choice (e.g. red)

.highlight-color--orange {
    background-color: transparent;
    padding: 0px 2px;
    color: red;
    border-radius: 2px;

…hopefully helpful

Hi! I was trying to figure out how to change the font colors of my flashcards. I’m entering this into a custom CSS block and its not working.

Any suggestions on how to get it to work? Thank you!!

You can change highlight color to text color by adding simple snippet with color tag

[data-rem-tags~="color"] .rem-text .highlight-color--red {
  background-color: unset;
  color: rgb(234, 67, 53); }
[data-rem-tags~="color"] .rem-text .highlight-color--orange {
  color: rgb(194, 111, 27); }
[data-rem-tags~="color"] .rem-text .highlight-color--yellow {
  color: rgb(234, 183, 0); }
[data-rem-tags~="color"] .rem-text .highlight-color--green {
  color: rgb(52, 168, 83); }
[data-rem-tags~="color"] .rem-text .highlight-color--blue {
  color: rgb(66, 133, 244); }
[data-rem-tags~="color"] .rem-text .highlight-color--purple {
  color: rgb(161, 66, 244); } 

Is there a way to also make this work in the queue?

Well… @anisha for now the tag system can’t be applicable in flashcard. How about mixing the highlight selector with bold? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmm, it wasn’t working before, which is why I asked. But, I just did a card in the queue that has this tag for text color, and it seems to work in the queue! :slight_smile: Not sure if it has something to do with the recent update?

You could use CSS. Go to settings>interface>add custom css>add blank css block and then paste this into the block

body{
color: #0000FF;
}

You can change the color by changing #0000FF to something else. Here’s a website with other colors CSS Colors

Here’s also an example of how it should look like

Thanks.
Your method is to change color of all the text. But I want to change several words in a sentence.
Is there a way?

Oh. I found an inconvenient way to set font color.
Use $$ to activate LaTeX editor, then input expression like this: \textcolor{red}{text}.
It works.
Hope the developers will make it easy to set font color of individual words.