How will Remnote differentiate itself from other PKM apps from now on?

Please delete if not allowed.

Other PKM apps I know of are fundamentally different from Remnote. However, I have the impression that Logseq, being an outliner and with its introduction of flashcards recently, is becoming more and more similar to Remnote.

How will Remnote differentiate itself from the rest? Aside from the “Everything is a Rem” mantra, is there something that Remnote can do that the others can’t?

They mentioned they plan to embrace a build in public model where in I hope they release short term roadmaps and take inputs from users

2 Likes

Thus far, the killer feature has been the lack of friction between flashcards and notes in the same app rather than having to chain a few apps together or hack flashcards on top of notes. After the big break between updates, I expect the team will look to the Feature Request category for inspiration, so use those votes if you haven’t yet.

4 Likes

The focus on learning and memorization is what makes it different. I’ve been playing around with Logseq recently, including it’s flashcard feature and it’s just not as good as Remnote in this regard (at least not yet but perhaps with plug-ins someday?).

Yeah, someday? These PKM apps release update so fast I can’t help but think that RemNote is playing catch-up – may or may not be the correct view, but I hope RemNote releases more updates soon and establishes itself on firm footing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from. Logseq’s update frequency is crazy fast - they must have coffee injected directly into their veins or something. I also hope we start seeing some RN updates soon too – the lack of squashed bugs is what got me looking more into alternatives like Logseq in the first place.

4 Likes