I suspect I am an, ahem, older member of the community. Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi all,

My name is Puffin, well, not my real name, my parents didn’t dislike me that much. It took a few years for that :astonished:

In all seriousness, I simply wanted to say hello as it felt a bit rude not to.

I am very new to using this type of package and as I have recently returned to higher education after a very long break from any sort of education, I am looking for anything that I feel will be able to help me. I read a ton of articles on zettlekasten, both paper and digital. I was fascinated at the notion that such a system if it was so fabulous, hadn’t made more in-roads into education.

Once I had decided that the zettlekasten was something that I wanted to use, and for practicality sake, it would be a digital version, then I had to whittle the wealth of packages down.

To cut a long story short, there are a couple that seem to be ‘me’, one of those being RemNote. It is fab but like everyone else, money is very, very tight and as I require the Pro version I am going to see how it goes.

The community seems to be awesome and there’s a lot to be said for that. There’s not much worse than needing help or advice but the atmos is so awful you’d rather ‘go nuclear’ and carry out a re-install rather than face talking with some of the monsterous people in the chat. I’m sure we’ve all had at least one experience of that, unfortunately. However, as I say, the community seems to be decent and nice people, one after another so I’m hoping I can get this all to work out for me.

I hope that I can be of help to someone in the community as my experience grows. In the meantime, I’ll do my very best not to be too much of a pain in the rear!

I hope that you and yours are all well and keeping safe.

All the very best,

Puffin

12 Likes

Hello Puffin!
I’m not the most active person here, but I stumbled upon your message and felt the need to say hello back to you.
I’ve asked immensely stupid questions in this forum, and yet no one has made me feel as stupid as my questions, so yeah :). My feeling is that people know this software could benefit anybody whatever their experience, or background. In that sense they are very understanding and manage the gap in knowledge between people very well.
I hope you have a great time navigating this tool :slight_smile:
cheers!

2 Likes

Welcome! :smiley:

As you use RemNote more and start getting curious on the different ways you can possibly use or ‘hack’ it, check out the wiki tags here: Topics tagged wiki

Usually compiled by @hannesfrank, these posts give you a head start on tinkering RemNote to better suit your own needs.

2 Likes

Hi there, ftfk,

Wow! Thank you very much. It is very kind of you to reply to my message. This is exactly what I meant about the community. You guys are great.

:laughing: That really made me laugh. I am certain that I will give you a run for your money on the ‘daft question asking competion’! I certainly am enjoying everything about getting back to education. It is a bit nerve wracking, a lot of that is a me thing though. However, when I am greeted by such kindness as I’ve experienced by people such as yourself, it is made so much easier and much more enjoyable.

Thank you very much for the reply, for the good advice and direction, it is very much appreciated.

I hope that you are well and are keeping safe.

All the best,

Puffin.

2 Likes

Hi marcothesis, brilliant name if you don’t mind me saying so!

Thank you for kindly replying to my post, I really appreciate it.

I have just followed the link you have given me and can’t wait to get in there are see what is going on. I was an engineer so I have that built in tinkering gene so it looks perfect for me to start to get to grips with what I am already enjoying. I can’t say I have any proficiency at all at the moment but I can see how beneficial this will be to me and the way I want to be able to conduct my learning.

Thank you very much for kind assistance and for being so welcoming.

I trust that you are well and that these difficult times are not too difficult.

All the best,

Puffin

1 Like

Thought I would drop in & say hi. Glad to have you on board & hope you enjoy your time here. Aside from the forum you can always join us at Discord if you feel like chatting

Everyone is pretty friendly & are willing to help if they can

Hi Badjer,

Firstly, thank you very much for replying to my post. I appreciate you taking the time.

Yes indeed. I can already see that you guys are friendly. I don’t get this many replies to anything except for when I write to the tax office saying I’ve decided to stop paying :open_mouth:

I will consider dropping by the Discord as it would be great to talk to some of you guys.

Thanks again for replying, I genuinely do appreciate it.

I hope that you are keeping well and safe. All the best to you and yours,

Puffin

1 Like