Image occlusion cards under descriptors - UX issues

In the old RemNote (before the most recent UI overhaul) I could see all the cards generated from the Rem in the pop-up panel. Now I can only see the front and back.

A lot of the time I use a descriptor for images (the old ~Image universal descriptor), but from the document editing interface there is no longer a way to specifically disable just the card that reveals the whole image. Instead I have to disable that single card manually once it shows up in my review queue, which I find very tedious.

Please provide a way to disable individual image occlusions and cards generated from a Rem. The current ā€œenable cardsā€ switch and popup is too limiting.

You can create a disabled descriptor using ;/ or ;- or ==. I use that all the time to store metadata.
Furthermore there are shortcuts and slash commands to toggle a practice direction.

Would that be enough for your use case?

(I feel adding the image occlusion cards to the simple forward/backward practice card popup would confuse people?)

1 Like

This is exactly what Iā€™ve been doing.

The issue is that if I create a disabled descriptor with an image on the back, all image occlusions from said back side are, since quite recently, by default disabled as well. When I view the cards generated via the image occlusion generator interface they all appear to be still enabled.

Given the recency of the issue Iā€™m guessing the problem lies in one of the patches.

1 Like

Would you mind pointing me to where these additional delimeters are documented?

RemNote and documentation :wink:

I think there were not considered stable yet because of some undesired shadowing of unicode replacements.

Here is the current list:

Basic

• Forward: >>
  • Backward: <<
  • Both: <>
  • Disabled: >/, </ (Those require the double slash commands setting aka // to be turned on)

Concept

• Forward: :>, >:
  • Backward: :<, <:
  • Both: ::, :<>
  • Disabled: :-, :/

Descriptor

• Forward: ;;, ;>, >;
  • Backward: ;<, <;
  • Both: ;<>
  • Disabled: ;-, ;/, == (aka metadata)

So basically you have a prefix for the card type and then chose a direction.

• If you press enter after any it creates a multi-rem card of that type and direction.
  • If you press - (or /) after an existing delimiter it is disabled.
3 Likes