Is it possible to disable images from ever syncing and instead being saved locally only?

I want to make a request for a setting option that would allow us to disable images from ever syncing to the server so that the cloud won‘t be flooded with them and so that they won‘t take up the storage but because I don‘t really know how the syncing or the software in general works, I wanted to ask here first. And does anyone else want that feature as well or am I the only one that‘s planning on uploading loads of images…

I think that would be a nice feature to have, e.g., “don’t sync media files above a certain size” and you could specify the size.

somewhat along the same lines, it would also be nice if we could specify rems that we want saved locally only, e.g., rems with data that we just don’t want hanging out in the cloud, essentially a “super private” rem. I know I can set up two different knowledge bases - one that syncs and one that is local only, but it would be nice if there was an elegant way to have them all in one knowledge base.

In fact, there is a limit of 5MB per image already.