Is the mandatory capital letter for concepts bothering you? ":::" instead?

while learning to code, sometime I would like to create a concept that is (eg) the name of a function (which is case-sensitive) xyz(). (It’s necessary for me to be able to properly define them + link them elsewhere if necessary)
I’m stuck with naming them “Function xyz()” at the moment to have the proper name of the function.

Is this just bothering me? is there an alternative way to do so?

(I think triple ::: would be OK as an alternative to capitalization + :: )

I’m probably alone thinking this is annoying :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

You can have concepts with lowercase letters and descriptors with uppercase letters by going to the Rem → Toolbar -> Rem-Type or by using the Keyboard Shortcuts when you need this opposite behaviour:

This option in Settings - Editor options needs to be turned off if using the toolbar.

You can also use quote formatting with `` to have any text at all be presented exactly as you typed it in and leave the option on if you’d like to keep that behaviour for other things.

Yeah I also find it annoying because I don‘t even use descriptors, which forces me to always change the card type for lowercase letters.

I actually made a feature request for a setting option where you can turn off the uppercase and lowercase convention

I would prefer something more intentional and unambiguous like ::: vs :: to be what defines concept vs descriptor

also, these things are annoying : if you start with a number (eg 3) or a weird character like ", it is interpreted as a capital → concept :confused: