A merge manager (automatically scan the KB)

Following the thread below, is there an option to look for and merge rem that bear the same text?
I mean a merge option that look for them across the entire KB (I’m aware of the option to do that one by one…)
To put this request in context: I have hundreds of rems with the same name, and some weeks dozens are created for the reasons explained below

/merge and search for a rem to merge into as you would normally. If you predict merging or moving things to the same area often, pin it in the search context by hitting alt+p when it is highlighted in the search menu.

What I’m looking for is a way for remnote to search for possible merges. I want the system to propose a list of possible merge. A merge manager if you will.

From what I understand of your method is that I can summon the merge function first; and then search myself for a rem that I know is in double. I don’t see the advantage over searching first for the rem and then clicking on merge…
I’ve probably misunderstood your method :sweat_smile:

Manually typing It in (whether invoking search first or searching after /merge) is only an advantage over the automatically suggested “arrow” that doesn’t even show the specific merge target. My suggestion is just a way to use the current functionality of pinning a search context for manual merging in bulk. Something more involved would be nice, feel free to create a feature request, see also this one: Convert every text-reference into a Rem Reference function

Thank you for your reply. Following your suggestion, this is now a Feature Request.
I think that, with a large enough KB, a merge manager become really necessary :slight_smile: