Issue with sharing remnote page

When I share a remnote page as public, the public page only has the outer nodes and not the child (i.e. indented nodes).
(e.g. I made a remnote page with shortcuts and tips I collected from the forum and tutorials. I wanted to share it. But I notice that all my indented nodes are missing in the shared document.)

I did do that, and shared again. But I still don’t see the indented Rems.

Oh :-o I am surprised about that result. You can try:

• Delete the shared article / end sharing by opening the shared document, click on the three dots (document menu top right) and delete the shared article. Afterwards share it again with all REMs visible.
  • Perhaps your browser displays an old version? Can you open the link in a privacy window (CTRL + SHIFT + N on Chrome, CTRL + SHIFT + P on Firefox).
  • Make sure that you share the document as a document, not as a folder (folder sharing displays several different views with several different hidden and visible REMs).

I hope one of these three points might solve the issue.

1 Like

I tried the first option, and that resolved this issue. Many thanks for your help.

1 Like

what do you mean “Afterwards share it again with all REMs visible.”? should we ctrl+shift+↓ for all the rems?

Yeah, thanks for your apply. I have tried and this works. I think there should be a feature to perform this task without unfold manually. I’m worried about whether this will work efficiently when we face huge document.

(should be thanks for your reply, a typo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The shared document displays everything that was visible (not hidden) in the moment of sharing. Thus I suggest make everything visible before you share a document:
→ Go to the document title and press CTRL + SHIFT + ↓
Now the document is ready to be shared (or reshared).

If you still want to hide specific REMs, go to the REM and press CTRL + ALT + H.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I did do that, and shared again. But I still don’t see the indented Rems.

My answer is split in two messages, so it’s a bit confusing. But yes, in the first part I wrote “Go to the document title and press CTRL + SHIFT + ↓”. Only what is visible will be shared (as of November 2020, haven’t checked any changes since then).

I tried the first option, and that resolved this issue. Many thanks for your help.

That’s great! I’m glad we could solve it. :slight_smile:

1 Like