Issues joining discord from the invite received

Hi all,

I received the invite to join the discord server. I click the button but rather than simply joining I was ‘told’ that before messaging on the server I needed to claim my account. I thought this was odd, only because I’ve never seen this before, but I tried to supply my email address and pw but my '‘Email is already registered’.

I Googled this issue and it seems logging out of all instances will clear the issue up.

Thing is, I wasn’t logged into discord anywhere.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, what did you do to resolve it, please?

Many thanks all,

Puffin

Summary

This text will be hidden

I have only ran into this issue when signing in from a different device if using the app vs browser version

After the initial sign in from device there have been no issues for me after that

Hi Badjer,

I reinstalled Discord and whilst I logged in no problem from the invite the issue with the browser remains. It is no biggy and as I can now send messages in Discord, from a functional point of view, there is no issue remaining.

If I do get to the bottom of it I will post back here as it might help some other newbie like me in the future.

Thanks again for your help.

Take care,

Puffin

Good morning, Badjer,

Thanks for the reply.

You have just given me an idea. I used to use discord via the desktop application. The experience I was describing was via the browser. I am wondering if I reinstall the application will it have something cached that I am missing from the browser.

I’ll give it a go and see what happens.

Many thanks for your helps,

Cheers,

Puffin

Hope it works out for you
Wish I could have been more help
Good luck