January 2021 Update RemNote v1.1

Congratulations to finally introducing paid plans and make RemNote longterm sustainable! Thank you for giving us so much for so long completely for free!

My impression is, that the prices are similar to comparable services (and much cheaper than Roam, of course) and thus very fair. However, students and pupils are targeted, whereas other “note taking tools” are rather for more afluent users. On the other side, most of them (the pupils) will perhaps take the free plan anyway, no matter how low the prices are.

There is only one point that I can’t agree completely. Customisable shortcuts are in the pro plan. If the normal shortcuts would always work, then that’s ok. But different browsers and operatings systems make some default shortcuts unusable. But even worse are different languages. Germans can’t use several default shortcuts, because we don’t use the same apostrophe. Thus the customizable shortcuts are not just a luxury feature, but sometimes the only way to make unusable shortcuts accessible.

Besides that, again congratulations to this huge steps after so much long and hard work and I wish you a lot of success with this amazing project that helped already so many learners!

5 Likes

Because of the power of Remnote, I considered buying a lifetime version for $300 (average $5 a month). But when I saw the detailed explanation of the lifetime version, I stopped buying the lifetime version. Almost misled by the so-called lifetime version. Now, I am willing to use Remnote for $6 a month, just one dollar more than the lifetime version, I can get permanent version updates and online storage. Therefore, the current $300 lifetime plan is not affordable, and I am unwilling to pay for this insincere lifetime vegetative plan.

What about a Local Pro Plan, as already suggested?

1 Like

@mattygrov

• What is the ETA for the future update?
  • Could you tell us what you are working on?

Thanks

2 Likes