January 2021 Update RemNote v1.1

RemNote V1.1 is here and brings a ton of changes and features! Early Bird Pricing :hatching_chick: is now in effect! Check out the https://www.remnote.io/updates for the full list of improvements.

Pricing
RemNote Free
RemNote Pro $6/month
Lifelong $300 one-time payment

Whatā€™s New?
Pro Features

PDF editor
Aliases
Pins
Daily Backups

RemNote

LaTeX Blocks
Resizable Panes and Images in References
Pin Hierarchical Search
RTL editor improvements
UI/UX improvements and polishes and more!

PSA.
We are launching on Product Hunt next Wednesday, Jan. 13. If you want to show your support, come stop by and say hi! Weā€™ll be on answering questions and getting feedback all day long :sunglasses:

Thanks everyone! Happy New Year :confetti_ball:

17 Likes

So excited about this! Thank you for not making the pro features way too overpriced, because there is no way I can go without them now :slight_smile:
I have a question about the pdf storage, a lot of us already have our own pdf libraries in our local storage, or better yet, on a cloud service, is there anyway remnote can be linked to these pre-existing libraries? How does pdf storage and file management work?
Anyway, congratulations on this huge step forward!
Sara

3 Likes

I really like RemNote and want to use and support it, but I am not happy with the plan options.

• The Free plan is too limited (feels more like a Demo). It does include great features, but lacks several essential ones.
  • Subscription is not for me - I want to own my software (I donā€™t want my access to it be conditional to a monthly/yearly payment).
  • One-time payment is way to expensive, especially considering RemNote is still relatively new (also, although already very strong, the app still lacks some fundamental features).

Iā€™d be happy with a ā€œLocal Proā€ plan, with one-time payment of $X0 for all current features (and future bug fixes), for local KB only (ie., no use of storage space or online collaboration features). Then in the future, as new Pro features are released, I could again do a (lower) one-time payment to get them if I want (or get new features individually, if that is possible).

I already mentioned this before elsewhere, but I wanted to express my view in this forum as well.

Congrats on the release!

8 Likes

Hello, I am a student who is currently using Remnote for my learning. I saw that the Image occlusion from now on would be part of the pro-plan only.
So, would I loose that feature?
Or Me being one of the early users before pro was enabled, we will get to have that feature for life? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The latter, you get to keep every 1.0 feature for life, including Image Occlusion.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Thank you! Will consider the paid option once I am able to afford it.
This is a really good product that you have made and thank you for what you do.

How should I understand this? 300 US$ for version 1 only? And then again 300 US$ for V.2 - and so on from version to version? What do you mean by ā€œlifetimeā€? How long will ā€œlifetimeā€ be valid?
I would support a real lifetime payment. I really enjoy thinking and writing with RemNote. Itā€™s a great tool!

1 Like

From what I understand, $300 gets you:

• New Pro features for life
  • Cloud storage for 5y

So if after 5y you are OK using RemNote only local (desktop), you donā€™t need to pay again and you still keep getting Pro updates.

To be clear, I am not part of the dev team, just a mod. The information is still correct.

2 Likes

Would be happy to support you guys by purchasing lifetime license. Would you consider being more flexible on price? After all, $300 is not the same for everyone, especially us who are not part of ā€œ1st world countriesā€.

2 Likes

The Pro features are great! Congratulations and thank you for all the hard work. I also believe it would be amazing if the aliases were part of the free version, to be honest. Everything else makes sense for me.

Just one question, there are still no other languages dictionaries/spell check? I really want to move to the desktop app, but all my notes are in Spanish. Thanks again!

Please keep the pricing according to country or currency value. 300$ is huge for a student studying in a developing country like India. Great tool.

2 Likes

Why not look at the note app Agenda. They have a modest annual upgrade fee. But you always get to keep the features you get in a year. So if you want you can skip a year, but the software is yours without subscription.

Thanks for your answer. But Iā€™m still not satisfied :wink:
Do I have to pay once for all versions - i.e. 1,2,3 ā€¦ n ? So that the new features from future versions 2, 3 ā€¦ n are included then in the one-time payment? Or every time again 300 US$ the version number is spiked and I would like to have the new features from V. 2 and so on?

Why I insist?
I quote from https://www.remnote.io/updates, because it is misleadingly expressed, I think:
ā€œUnlimited Local Premium Access for Life: Unlimited, lifetime access to all Premium RemNote V1 features on the desktop app (including PDF uploading, advanced views, etc.). No expiration and no time-limit.ā€

Thanks for clarifying. (And sorry for any inconvenience. Iā€™m not very good at speaking or writing English.)

1 Like

I believe you still have access to the image occlusion features. All features you have access to before the January 7th (RemNote 1.1) Update are grandfathered.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Youā€™re right. That mention of ā€œv1ā€ makes it suggest you would indeed need to pay again in the future. Very bad deal, in my opinion.

Regardless, to me the only acceptable plan would be a Local-only $X0 one-off payment for current features. Then pay again later (a smaller amount) whenever (if) I want new features.

1 Like

Yes, there are many apps that follow models like that.
Hopefully RemNote devs will consider something like that.

Life Long subscribed, I can learn a lot with the pdf function, be the way, Iā€™m learning languages.

2 Likes
  1. Good work must be recognized! I am very happy to work with Remnote. I am therefore happy to pay. But the benefits must be and remain reciprocal in my opinion. I have doubts at the moment. Your information is not clear enough for me. I even fear to get into a dependency, which I would like to avoid in any case. Even if I would have to give up Remnote for that, which would be very difficult for me. Because I maintain a large database in the meantime.

2. In the Company-FAQ from May 5th, 2020 is written: ā€œRemNoteā€™s core features (+ many more weā€™re building) are free. In the far future, weā€™ll have a pro subscription, with extra features and extra data storage. However, we will maintain a feature-rich, free-for-life version as well.ā€
    Now you have very surprisingly already raised the paywall. If 7 months in the future is ā€œfar futureā€ for you, then I should feel pretty young again. Because some ā€œfar futuresā€ should still be granted to me despite my advanced age :wink:

3. Lifetime amount over 300 US$ valid only for version 1 and only for five years? And then? What if there are several version advances within these five years? Do I participate in them?

4. Do I fall back to version 1, if I, letā€™s say, donā€™t want to pay after 7 years and Remnote has reached version 4 or 7 or whatever in the meantime? What would then happen to all the features that went into my database? Would my database still be usable in the free version then?

Thanks for any clarification.

(Translated with deepl.com/translator)

PS: After writing it, I discovered that: Additional Pricing FAQ. Some question are answered there. - Sorry, you are all a little too fast for me :wink:

1 Like

Additional Pricing FAQ This might answer your questions