January 2022 Update - RemNote 1.6

How do you return to version 1.5.3? I’m experiencing the same issues and have no idea how to deal with these problems.

Hey Andy, sorry to hear that you are facing issues. Our support team will help you figure out what’s happening.

Thanks for this nice update - overall, RemNote has once again become a little bit more stable, mature and better looking. I do like the new features, how the dark mode has improved (why is it called ‘legacy dark mode’? Is there a new one underway?) and, of course, the improved search.

However… I really wish to have my sidebar back! It was such a nice one :slightly_smiling_face:

I am using RemNote 1.6.5 (main channel) on Windows 11 and since the update, it has gone missing. Any ideas?

edit: Also, I can change a document’s status to ‘pinned’ and it will not appear. Settings: Using draft, finished, pinned is off.

edit 2: Ah, I just saw: I can’t get any document to show in sidebar

edit 3: With RemNote 1.6.6 I just got my beloved sidebar back :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you :+1:

edit 4: Now, with RemNote 1.6.6 and RemNote 1.6.7, the search function seems to be completely broken. I can neither use Portals, nor References (it remains stuck at 2%). Also shift+P takes forever to load. See screenshots :arrow_heading_down:

Search not working

(On the last screenshot you can see what happens when I start RemNote - no matter where I left, when I start the app it shows me this ‘404 - Page Not Found’-error.)

Please fix this… with the search function gone, I can’t use RemNote and I would actually like to work…

2 Likes

I’m not sure what is causing the problem. But since the update 1.6, it takes a significant time to move rem.
I have to wait like 5 seconds after using “move rem” command, the GUI for move rem appears immediately, but I couldn’t type until after some time. It seems like there’s a delay in trying to recall the database of rem.

1 Like

Hello,

I simply unsubscribed from the Beta channel to return to the main and general version. Perhaps, I needed to exit RemNote after unchecking my Beta subscription, I cannot recall. This is on the desktop app. My own app has now updated to version 1.6.6 (which works fine) - here is the location where one can subscribe to a version channel (which may look slightly different to your own, I guess):

Desktop.fw

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update. :smiley:

1 Like

Are you using a IOS desktop version? Mine is windows and couldn’t find this channel switch option.

1 Like

i’m running the new update on mac desktop app. everytime i launch the app, it starts loading, and then fails. the error message is “this folder does not exist”, and there is no way to leave the screen. i’ve tried uninstalling remnote.app and redownloading it, but that did not work. i also went into chrome and signed out, and then signed back in. i can access my rems on chrome, but i prefer the remnote app just because chrome drains the battery. any ideas?

3 Likes

I am using Windows 11. The switch should be available within Settings >> Desktop App.

Since the update to 1.6.7, I cannot go back nor forward between pane versions?? The arrows are disabled and the keyboard shortcuts don’t enable this movement.

1 Like

1.6.7 ← still no Clozed LaTeX support? :disappointed:

1 Like

I’m getting the same problem! :frowning:

1 Like

Like every update, it seems, the Update to 1.6.7 (Electron and Android) messed things up and I have to “tidy up” manually.

My document tree to the left is spammed with all the dates existing as a date in RemNote. I have to “untag as a document” one by one or scrolll down to the bottom to see my “real” documents. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a chance this will be fixed or do I have to untag them all manually?

No, somewhat same situation here… though not on Android, but Windows. Sidebar is messed up.

Additionally, the search is not working anymore. I can’t use ((, nor [[, nor Ctrl+P

When I switch to another Knowledge Base (like online or another, newly created local one) all works fine.

Found a way! Ctrl+shift+p (for windows, I don’t know what it is for mac) to search for a rem and find a new page. Then you are able to get out of that ‘this folder does not exist’. Hopefully this bug or error does get fixed in the future though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile: i figured it out a more…aggressive way lol. i uninstalled remnote, and then went into my library files and removed every file from remnote. then i reinstalled it. now it’s fine

Hey! Sorry to hear about this. Are you still facing the search problems? If so which platform is it on? (desktop/web) Kindly try the web version to check if it’s happening there as well. We made sure to fix the edge cases before pushing the 1.6 to main server.

Hey! Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this. Could you write to support@remnote.io please?

I tried replicating this one, but no luck :frowning: it’s working fine on my Windows Desktop as of now. Could you please write to support@remnote.io. You can hope to hear back from them on Monday.

Sorry to hear you have been having trouble. Could you please provide more information about what’s happening? Is it that the sidebar shows your daily documents along with other documents?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feedback on Search Improvements made in RemNote 1.6

Still facing this problem
Remnote 1.6.6 search function not showing all the entries of a word
When I do a search or when I want to make a reference, the word I am looking for does not show, as if it does not exist in my knowledge base, sometimes it does not appear until I type the complete word

4 Likes

Hello, it’s been almost a month and there isn’t a fix to the problem that’s been going for months now. I’m not the only one facing it and many people are. It’s really hindering my workflow. The only reply i got is that an ios app will be here soon and it’s been “soon” for a very long time. Please fix this.