January 2022 Update - RemNote 1.6

@Karthikk, Hi Karthikk, Please don’t ignore my problem. Now I cannot use Remnote at all. I have faced this problem for more than 2 months since the v 1.5 updates. I have contacted you through Discord and email a few times but there is no reply to me for 2 months. I don’t think this is the right way to handle your LLL.

4 Likes

Just to say the destop Beta 1.6 (windows 11) was not a good experience for me. I could not search, nor add templates - stuck on spinning wheel. I lost several hours with this as this obstacle prevents any progress within Remnote in my own workflow. I have now returned to version 1.5.3.

3 Likes

Regarding Deskop sync:
As it may be of relevance, I’m sharing here @hannesfrank 's reply to a previous thread on the issue of syncing download to desktop app. He outlines the process to be followed.

2 Likes

One issue I’m noticing with the new daily note in the sidebar is that it seems to be independent from when the current date is referenced elsewhere in my database. Typing “!!” to reference today’s date will give me an identical entry in the daily note page, leaving me with two copies and cluttering the daily note page.

TLDR: Referencing today’s date gives me a duplicate entry to the daily note that may end up disrupting workflows.

1 Like

I have a bug with the search feature , it´s not searching anything

3 Likes

the same problem it just keeps spinning and not showing anything

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this update has made me turn the beta channel off. I had to downgrade, and I’ll try to lock the version. It’d seem to me that there’s some heavy metal indexing going on? Or a rem migration? The new search, yes, is not ready yet.

I’m looking forward to the new features once they stabilize.

3 Likes

the same problem it just keeps spinning and not showing anything

2 Likes

Hey, your bug has been fixed with the latest beta release. Could you please check if beta.remnote.com still has this problem?

1 Like

@Karthikk Can you please look into the issue of cursor losing focus after indenting??

1 Like

Could you please submit a detailed bug report to support@remnote.io so that we can keep track of it. Thank you!

I contacted support almost a month ago and they said it should be fixed in the next update. The update is released and nothing is fixed.

1 Like

I will check and revert back :slight_smile: thanks for being patient!

Same problem with search bar constantly spinning
Mac desktop App

As I posted this an update appeared on the desktop app.
Seems to have resolved for now.

Mine is in beta 1.6.2; however, the problem of un-responding search function has persisted

1 Like

it should now be working in 1.6.3-beta

1 Like

I have had the same issue. I found that if I edit a duplicate by removing any blank spaces at the end of the date, I can then merge the daily docs.

2 Likes

You are right, it has been fixed…

Not sure when it was implemented, but just found a sneaky little toggle that hides inline sources unless you’re focused on the rem in Settings > Interface > Editor Interface > Hide Inline Sources :smiley:

7 Likes