Japanese Support

When typing in Japanese, every time I convert a word to kanji (space bar to select, enter to confirm), it creates a new line. The Rems seem to work and the SRS seems to work, but I have to go and delete a ton of new line spaces with every sentence. Is there a way for it to avoid this? I’ve never seen this behavior in any other program (I use Japanese in Evernote, Notion, etc).

+1

I have experienced this issue too since I want to use RemNote to learn Japanese. Moreover, if I try to delete a single Japanese character (in Jap. keyboard mode on Mac OSX), RemNote deletes the whole block, which is even more annoying since I have to write everything all over again.

I don’t have any of these issues in other apps (including Roam).

2 Likes

I’m Japanese. I have same experience as before every issue . In addition, using ipad on magic keyboard, my typing cursol step back to beginning of a line when push enter to confirm kanji.

1 Like

Same with this; I’m trying to use Remnote to boost learning my Japanese with its SRS functions but the incompatibility with typing in JP is buggy enough to actively deter me from using Remnote for that. Would like to see the app localised to handle a wealth of other languages other than English, especially since Remnote holds a lot of promise as a language learning notebook/aid.