The wait for 1.8 has been longer than anticipated, but we are finally nearing completion! Here are some of the new features that you can look forward to in the coming weeks:
- A new Android app that is functionally equivalent to the web version! The iOS web app will also receive some much needed updates while the dedicated iOS app is being worked on (subscribe to the relevant feature request to stay abreast of the progress).
- A Plugins Marketplace and the full release of the API! Some sample plugins created by the team will ship alongside the Marketplace, and we can’t wait to see what the community will come up with!
- The Dark Mode is finally out of beta! No more spooky inverted emoji, now you may finally study in the dark at peace.
- Invisible, but crucial technical changes: a rebuilt Editor with support for non-english languages and a revamped Backend architecture to handle larger Knowledge Bases and sync between devices without issues.
In anticipation of the 1.8 release, we are freshening up the existing community platforms. The official forum and the discord server now have the same structure, allowing users to choose between longer posts and quick chats as they wish! Of course, all the previous community contributions have been safely preserved, allowing any new user to avail themselves of the previously built-up knowledge.
Specifically, here is the shared structure, along with a description of the changes that have been made, in the format “current category/channel - old forum category, if any - old discord channel, if any”:
RemNote - RemNote stays as is - community-chatter renamed to remnote-general
- Announcements - renamed from Bulletin - renamed from updates
- Learning RemNote - renamed from Community Q/A - renamed from remnote-help
- Spaced Repetition - Spaced Repetition stays as is - renamed from spaced-repetition-tips
Extension Development - renamed from Developers & API - renamed from extension-developers. Note that the forum version is a separate top-level category that also has the following more specific categories, while the discord server channel is just in the RemNote category.
- Extension Requests
Workflows and Education - renamed from Workflow sharing - workflow-tips renamed to workflow-and-education-general; science-of-learning and remnote-content merged in.
- Showcase - newly created - showcase stays as is
- Mathematics - newly created - renamed from math-users-group
- Law and Civil Services - newly created - renamed from law-and-civil-services users group
- Medicine - newly created - renamed from medicine-users-group, medicine-workflows merged in
Off-topic - newly created - off-topic renamed to off-topic-general
- Other Apps and Services - renamed from Tools for Thought - renamed from tools-for-thought
Additionally, forum tags have been removed, please use the appropriate (sub)category for your topic instead. The archived categories and channels remain in a read-only state, please refrain from posting new topics/chats about archived subjects in active categories/channels. If there is no (sub)category that fits, it’s likely that what you want to post belongs on a different platform.
As a summary, the correct places for various communications are as follows:
- If you have an issue while using RemNote, feel free to Contact Support from the lower right question mark menu. If you’re up to it, fill out a full bug report using Report Bugs from the same lower right question mark menu to allow the team to easily track the bug and request more information if needed (no private data is gathered without your knowledge and consent). If your issue prevents you from accessing the app, email support at email@example.com
- Feature Requests are on the Feature Requests board of the Feedback portal. Check whether a similar feature has already been requested by searching and vote on your favourites! Track the development progress on the Public Roadmap.
- Feedback on existing features may be submitted using the On-demand feedback board of the Feedback portal
- Extension developers may gather inspiration and discuss RemNote’s technical internals with fellow engineers in the Extension Development forum category and/or extension-development discord channel.
- All other discussion, including learning the app, workflow sharing (field-specific or general), and off-topic resides on the Forum and on the Discord server.
No community is complete without moderators, and we are happy to announce that we are opening applications for moderator positions! Any active user in good standing who wishes to moderate the forum and/or the discord server need only whisper Karthikk Vijay on Discord, who’ll take it from there. Moderators get RemNote Pro free of charge in recognition of their contribution to the RemNote community!