Less cluttered Sidebar

Ill start by saying that I love remnote. I prefer much of its functionality far over roam. However right now my sidebar is WAY too cluttered and I only have ~50 notes, I would hate to try and navigate through my notes if I had hundreds or thousands.

It would amazing if the sidebar was a lot more simplistic to accommodate large volumes of notes, and allow me to navigate easily through them.

Are you using folders?

Placing a document within another document automatically makes the parent one a “folder”, which can then be minimized. You can drag and drop in the sidebar itself (shortcuts are also supported for that, but not consistent).

Otherwise, what else would you have in mind?

Try making structural notes with references or a straight up table of contents. Better yet, embrace the outliner and the granularity of blocks and leave only a few entry points pinned to the sidebar.

Not too sure what feature you are requesting, exactly.

Honestly I just want to shink the font size, paddings, and margins of everything in the sidebar so I can see 20-30+ documents and folders in one screen instead of 5.

Add this in Custom CSS and try playing around with the values (probably not best way to do this, but it works):

.document-list-item {
font-size: 12px;
margin-bottom:-7px;
}

The logo is quite big too. You might want to play around with this too:

#logo img {
  height: 22px !important;
}
3 Likes