Make hovers less easy to accidentally trigger

As title.

Occurs in 2 scenarios:

• working with lots of PDFs: If I have a document comprised of mostly PDF extracts (which is 80% of my documents), it becomes nearly impossible to scroll, because whenever the scroll proceeds over a exerpt, the scroll stops and shows a hover

• the other situation is the sidebar: whenever i try to click something on the left the sidebar pops up. it’s orders of magnitude too sensitive.

A desired behavior would be to only show hovers when e.g. pressing shift and hovering over, or control. happy to have a setting to trigger this for users that want to keep existing behavior.

Generally speaking, the false positive rate of showing hover (i.e. showing, when I didn’t want to), is roughly 85%. I.e., I’d have a better workflow if hovers wouldn’t exist at all (despite being a huge fan of the UX element of hovers)

2 Likes

Yes, but instead of shift+hover, I’d prefer it to be a click. Meanwhile, opening the reference with a double-click, and opening the options with a right-click. These just make more sense.

1 Like