New power-up: Concept

(Resolved) Can we use this power-up in query to search what concepts are in this folder/document

(Resolved)we can set some slots in the power-up “concept”. When we turn rem into concept, it will tag with the power-up “concept” and give some hints of the slots

The queries currently in testing do include a way to search for concepts, but it is not implemented as a powerup. Is there a particular reason you want it as a tag?

Now I’m learning about educational psychology, and there are some chapters in the book that discuss “concepts”, and if there is a “concept” power-up, I can put some slots in it, and when I turn into concept(alt+c), they will give me some hints of slots

Perhaps there is some terminology confusion: “Concept” in RemNote refers to a “Concept Card”, a type of rem that has a bolded front and regular back that may be practised as a flashcard in either direction. Other possible “Rem Types” at the moment are Descriptor and Slot; “Powerup” is a tag that adds something on top of any rem (e.g. Header, Document, Automatically Sort); Slots may be added under any rem at all and will be suggested for any other rem that is tagged with a rem that has slot children. The queries as they are implemented on the test server have separate filters for Rem Type and for regular tags. In your usage, the only reason to turn rem into concepts is to bold them, as you can already manually create a rem that has the text “Concept” anywhere else, add slots to it, and tag other rem with it to have those slots be suggested to you.

The reason adding slots to rem types is untenable is that the types are meant to be universal and only concerned with how the rem behaves, not its contents. Tags, in contrast, can be applied selectively depending on the contents, and so can apply the appropriate slots.

thanks for helping, I’ve used script software to implement this. I manually create a rem named “Concept”, and set some slot in it

when I press alt+c, it will automatically turn the rem into Concept and tag with “Concept” while I created

1 Like