New RemNote Dark Theme by eustachio

I have this option activated and I haven’t found the issue yet. I will keep trying.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue when trying to create a Rem Reference.

1 Like

I have synced some fixes today that should fix the dark background when searching.
Please let me know if this is working.
Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the fix

2 Likes

Thanks for your great CSS theme!
Is there any solution to this problem?
When I try to type in the tag(##), the color of the letters is too light to see clearly

2 Likes

Hi Thank you.
It’s fixed!!!

2 Likes

Hiya Eustachio, loving the theme! I have no experience with CSS, so please bear with me haha.

• How could I make it so that descriptors look the way they normally do on RemNote, i.e. only formatted in italics rather than bold+italics?
  • Is there a way to change the font? I would like to change it to Nunito Sans, for example.

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here are some “bugs”:

• When highlighting words/sentences with numbers, the highlight breaks at the number.
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 14.49.07

• Same when half the word is formatted differently.
  • Glyphs for commands in the command menu (Ctrl/Cmd + /) are almost invisible because their colour blends with that of the background.

4 Likes

You can try the code below and paste it in a new CSS Block before any other CSS Block. Change the font or font-size to your taste.
Be aware that a font will only work if it’s previously installed on your system.

.rem-text,
body,
.indented-rem,
queue__extra-info{
font-family: “nunito sans”;
font-size: 20px;
}

1 Like

interface is odd (windows 11)

1 Like

something is up with the branches when it comes to really long blocks of individual rem.

2 Likes

oddly lit, some text is hard to see*

2 Likes

Hi all,
I have been a bit busy with work, I will be doing some fixes over the weekend. Thanks for reporting bugs.
Cheers

4 Likes

Could you suggest or provide a fix to solve this issue mate, the text and the background has the same color so cannot see the icons at all. Thank you so much for the theme, by the way, Your theme is one of the reasons why I am still sticking with remnote. Their native dark mode is quite poor.

Hi, thanks for your comments.
Unfortunately, as RemNote is evolving, after the new app update last year, the theme seems to break on every update as the app is changing internally, classes change etc. I am finding difficult at the moment to keep up with these updates. I had to re-do the theme when the new app was released last year.

I would rather wait until the app classes are more stable so I can dedicate the time to make the theme more stable too. I will ask @hannesfrank for help.

I do enjoy doing this theme for all but it is difficult when I have to spend more and more time because the app changes every time it’s updated. Btw, this is not a complaint.

Please bear in mind that I do this in my free time (I do not work for or get paid by RemNote).

9 Likes

Thanks for all of this. The number of comments and response is a testimony of how popular and great your theme is :slight_smile:
cheers

2 Likes

I completely understand and concur with your pov. It sucks because, they won’t provide a good enough dark mode and they also want to keep the back-end stable enough for other people to create new themes. Truth be told I wish they hadn’t revamp the UI last year, at least I was able to enjoy third party themes. And yes, it would be better for you to wait until they have finalized the foundational classes to create modifications. Thank you for creating and all the hard work that went into maintaining the theme.Lots of people are grateful to you.

1 Like

I’m really sorry about this. I understand this fustration well since my own snippets are also breaking sometimes :sob:.

The path into the future is this:

• We are almost at a point where our a stable design system.
  • Then we’ll add consistent human-readable classes to every component. I imagine currently you have to select with tailwind classes which are not meant for this.
  • We auto generate documentation listing all class names and have tests that ensure no class names are accidentally changed. In that case they’ll be listed in a section in the changelog.

And of course I’m always willing to help – if I find the time!

6 Likes